MAGA Voting Act

We file our taxes online. Bank online. Drivers License, LTC permit renewals.

I am much more concerned about that information than some jackwagon knowing who I voted for.

1 Like

^
This thread though is about the timing of choosing electors and how that processing can be standardized for national elections.

:slight_smile:
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

No they are responsible for delivering all classes of mail within their budget.

Still it could still go outside the norm to have someone collect from that box AND possibly hard to get it postmarked same day. Here where I live, the place that does the postmark is a two hour drive.

No, but you are prioratizing ony type of mail over all other operations.

the local Postmaster may seal and prevent the insertion of any item into collection boxes not physically located at a USPS location or immediately outside said location on the day prior to Election Day,

So what happens if they don’t seal a box, and wait till normal pick up after election day?

See above. Dammed if you do (restricting acess) dammed if you don’t (late collecting a possability)

nah. all ballots must be received by the time the polls close. if you didn’t drop your mail in ballot in a mail box in time for that its on you. the post office is not a polling place, nor should it be. they deliver mail. this law you wrote would turn every mailbox into a polling place sans poll workers. congress does not have that power, it is a state authority. mailing in a ballot is a convenience to the voter, it should not be an impediment to the state.

eta, outlaw ballot harvesting. party hacks should not be running around collecting ballots.

How many people have the ability for a fingerprint or iris scan at home?

Nothing could EVER go wrong with a way to identify how a person voted.

Its just weird. Democrats started this whole “everybody vote by mail” craze and are aghast that it may cause problem.
You don’t rush into everybody using a new system all at once until that system has been tested out for the purpose they want to put it.
Nobody is losing their vote. Many states are voting now. If you aren’t crippled go down and vote in the next month and a half and stop whining about being disenfranchised.

#1. Postmarking doesn’t have to occur that night. Because the mail would be sererated it could be processed and delivered the next day. Ballots would be postmarked the day it was received by USPS would would be Nov 3rd. They can still postmark it after midnight for Election Day - hence the requirement to keep it segregated.

#2. Psst the USPS already prioratizes mail. Also they have already said they will prioratizes mail this year. No different.

#3. Under the proposed law not sealing the box and not picking up the mail until the next day would be a violation of the law. You aren’t saying the United States Post Office would willingly violate the law are you?
.WW, PSHS

Police in Greenville Wisconsin found three bags of mail in a ditch. including Absentee Ballots.

Trays of mail, including absentee ballots, found in a ditch in Wisconsin | Washington Examiner.

Nope, in a large number of states it is NOT a requirement that ballots be received by election day. They just have to delivered to the USPS by election day and then time is allowed for sorting and transportation.

Actually as noted in the OP Congress does have the power suggested here. The State Legislature determines the method of voting. This legislation specifically addresses the “time of choosing” of electors.

So…

1. States Legislatures can choose not to have a general vote and choose electors themselves.

2. State Legislatures can choose to have in-person voting as a method to choose electors.

3. State Legislatures can choose to have mail-in voting, if they do, then Congress is empowered under the Constitution’s timing clause of how the electors are chosen and since the USPS is a federal organization the Congress can establish law in how the USPS processes those mailed ballots and how they must be counted towards the time of choosing.
    .WW, PSHS

Woulnt have to be at home. They could have Connected machines set up all over town. If one doesnt want to do it that way, they should still be able to vote in person.

My feelings are as soon as a person votes on line with no way to see how his vote is counted, someone will figure out how to hack into the system and change votes.

no, this fantasy legislation determines the place of choosing, a post box. that is a state authority.
then in turns federal postal workers into local poll workers who must enforce that ballots are cast (into a post box) by 8PM. the congress has the authority to determine when, not where you vote.

didn’t say that was not the case. this thread is your proposal. my post was mine.

all ballots must be received at the polling place by the time the polls close.
no special provisions or requirements for the usps
no ballot harvesting
in person voting from friday night before election day at 5Pm thru 8PM on election day.

Nope.

State Legislature determines if there will be vote by mail. If the State Legislature does not allow mail in voting, then this proposed legislation has no impact. The choice is up to the State.
.WW, PSHS

That’s nice.

Thanks for sharing.
.WW, PSHS

Yea nothing can go wrong with thousands of postal workers . . .

Police are investigating how three trays of mail, including absentee ballots, ended up in a ditch in Wisconsin, a swing state whose voters could prove crucial in the upcoming elections.

On Thursday afternoon, Debra O’Malley, a spokesperson with Secretary of State William Galvin’s office, said 3,000 full ballots had been misplaced in Franklin and went uncounted on election night. The same thing happened with about 750 ballots in Newton and 100 ballots in Wellesley.

Because ballots must be counted in view of the public, and on election night, tabulating the missing ballots after that day required a Suffolk Superior Court order, which the Secretary’s office says was granted at about 5 p.m. Wednesday night.

Nope no issues with mail in ballot

For the first time, the Wisconsin Elections Commission has released an estimate of the number of requested absentee ballots for last month’s election that voters in the Fox Valley never received.

The report released Monday estimates around 1,600 ballots were found in tubs in a U.S. Postal Service facility.

There is a mail in voting process with regulations, identity requirements and dates that must be adhered to but that process is not what the Democrats are pushing with their massive bulk mail, no verification or time limit scheme. They want to cause delay, chaos and jeopardize the integrity of our election system in the hopes they can cheat and squeeze out a victory.

Today’s Democrat Party, the MSM and Pop culture has become the prime enemy of the country more then any foreign enemy or foreign virus ever could.

The proposed legislation does nothing to change the method of voting at the State level.

It only applies (a) to state that choose mail in voting, and (b) establishes requirements for the USPS, a federal organization on collection and delivery of ballots which actually removed confusion.

Glad I could help.
.WW, PSHS

Them move to have your State Legislature eliminate mail-in voting as an option in Utah.

This proposed legislation does nothing to stop your state “nope, not mail in ballots here”.
.WW, PSHS

i’ve told my state rep and seator, but to no avail. And I also know that with multiple electins as practice it still screws up. I hate to think of states that think they can pull it off with only a few months to figure it out.

If by “unknown people,” you mean the same people who routinely deliver prescriptions, checks, credit cards, passports, licenses, and all manner of items that would be of far greater intrinsic value to them than a single ballot, then yeah, I guess.

Although it seems to me that to have any impact one way or the other, malfeasance by mail carriers would have to be so widespread that there’d be no way to hide it for very long. And what’s in it for them to risk a lost job and/or felony conviction?