MAGA Voting Act

Mail-in & Absentee Guaranteed Accessibility Voting Act

The United State Constitution, Article 2, Section 1 reads: “Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.” And “The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.”

Title 3 U.S. Code § 1 (“Time of appointing electors”) reads: “The electors of President and Vice President shall be appointed, in each State, on the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November, in every fourth year succeeding every election of a President and Vice President.”

Under this act the United States Congress exercises its authority under the United States Constitution to confirm that State Legislatures are authorized to determine the method in which electors for President and Vice President are chosen and to clarify certain provisions to protect the integrity and timing of the time of choosing of electors for the voting process selected by State Legislatures.

Section 1:
Under the time of choosing clause, States may determine the method of selecting electors for casting votes for the offices of President and Vice President. That time of choosing must be determined and implemented prior to either the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November (Election Day) or prior to the earliest vote (in-person, mail-in, or drop box) being cast in any Presidential of Vice Presidential voting year. Once voting has begun, the State Legislature shall not change the time of the choosing method. The United State Congress will disallow any State voting results from being considered for any State that violates this time of choosing provision where the choosing of electors occurs after Election Day excluding the counting of general ballots cast on or before Election Day if that method is used.

Section 2:
If the state legislature determines that the time of voting will be conducted on a single day or over a period of time, all votes cast, including in-person, drop box, and mail in ballots must be submitted no later than the closing of in-person voting polls. To protect the integrity of the voting process, the United States Postal Service (USPS) and local election officials will define rules and regulations that meet the following conditions.

1. Mail-in voting receptacles must be available to the public through the closing of in-person voting polls. If local election officials provide for drop-box voting, they must be available to the public through the closing of in-person voting polls.

2. Anyone physically present and in-line to deposit a mail-in or drop box ballot as part of the time in choosing electors must be allowed to do so consistent with any rules used for in-person choosing as long as the ballot and any security envelope or packing requirements are already complete.

3. The USPS will designate special collection times consistent with Section 2, Paragraph 2 to provide for immediate collection of ballots. In addition, any mail collected during this special collection time, must remain separate from general mail pickups until such time as the USPS as screened the mail collected, removed any ballots, and designate them for postmarking as of Election Day and for delivery to local election officials. The USPS will prioritize the separation, postmarking, and delivery of such received mail such that is delivered to local election officials no later than mid-night the day following Election Day. The USPS will postmark any ballot collected on Election Day as having been received on Election Day.

4. To provide for Section 2, Paragraph 2 the local Postmaster may seal and prevent the insertion of any item into collection boxes not physically located at a USPS location or immediately outside said location on the day prior to Election Day, but only after all mail has been removed from that receptacle. Local Postmasters exercising this authority may seal no more than 50 percent of mail boxes under their control to allow for scheduling personnel. Such temporary closures of mail boxes is required to be publically announced no later than 30-days prior to Election Day and the local Postmaster is required to notify each mailing address within a local election district of such closures no later than 15-days prior to Election Day. Such closures must also be communicated to the United States Postmaster General who will make the information widely available via electronic means and the local election board must be notified of such closers by the 30-day prior to Election Day limit.

5. To provide for Section 2, Paragraph 2 local election officials will provide personnel to seal and collect ballots in a manner consistent with the closing of in-person polling such that no ballots are inserted in the collection box after voting has ended.

2 Likes

Not for this cycle of course.

But I’d like to see improvements in the mail-in voting process so that people are not disenfrancised and I think, in terms of national elections, that the rules be consistent in (a) the use of mail-in ballots, and (b) the timing of those mail-in ballots being counted.

Thoughts.
.WW, PSHS

Since when is USPS part of some election bureau?

So if a post office normally closes the lobby at 5pm, it would have to stay open late? Will the local state/county/city pay for overtime? Same with collection boxes. The single outdoor mailbox clearly states ir is empotied at 3pm. anything put in after that time won’t go out till the next day. Will the state/city/cuonty pay for the overtime for anouther later collection?

No. The USPS is not part of any election bureau. They are charged with delivering ALL mail received.

So your saying if there is a regular mailbox in your area, you would have to drive to where the post office is to mail ANYTHING??? Uuuuh no.

Uuuuh no. Why punish anyone who needs to send something the day before the election?

Never said it was, but since it is a Federal Organization responsible for the transportation of ballots so they are involved.

Nope, they just have to allow access to the outside box at that location.

Nope, the voter pays for it with the stamp.

Not under this law, the USPS would be required to arrange a special collection.

Nope, the voter pays for it with the stamp.

Never said it was, but since it is a Federal Organization responsible for the transportation of ballots so they are involved.

Nothing in the proposed law prevents them for delivering ALL mail received.

Not in the least. No where does the proposal say that all mail boxes would be closed.

No where does the proposal say that all mail boxes would be closed.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

I would like a way for the people to vote on line, but must use some type of authentication where their fingerprint or iris must be scanned with in a few seconds of the vote being placed or the vote is canceled. This would make sure it is the actual citizen voting. If the iris or fingerprint doesnt match what is on file, they would be notified their authentication didnt match and they must vote in person or fix their stored data.

I would like to see it where everyone authorized to vote has a voter number. The voter would then be able to run his number, and see which way his vote was tabulated. If many citizens were able to grab a screen shot of how they voted, compared to how it was tabulated, it would bring accountability to the system

All votes should be able to be tabulated by precinct, city, county, and state. This will bring transparency without saying what person voted what way.

I dont trust the post office. Many of the carriers have been caught dumping mail because they were overwhelmed or didnt want to deliver it. I could see postal workers being bribed to destroy votes or turn in bags of votes.

Using the post office there would be no transparency or accountability in my opinion.

1 Like

Problem with that is that in this country we’ve always had secret ballots to allow for honesty in the voting booth.

Being able to track a specific ballot back to an individual person (outside of provisional ballots where a person is given an opportunity the correct an error) makes that link a very dangerous condition.
.WW, PSHS

So you want the government to have all of our finger prints or iris scans on file?

So you are against mail-in voting in general correct?

There were many years I was not physically present in my voting jurisdiction - I don’t get to vote?

.WW, PSHS

I have some issues with your plan, but I agree voting needs to be moved on line.

They’ve had mine for years.

LOL
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

People would willingly provide that data if they want to vote online or absentee. Otherwise vote in person with ID.

I don’t have a problem with casting a vote online.

Remember in the military there were one-time use codes for encryption?

I one time use code that would have to be communicated in advance to the voter might be a step in the right direction. Problem with that is what do you do if the connection is lost in the middle of completing a ballot, poor WiFi connection, dropped cell connection, power outage, etc.

Hmmm…

.WW, PSHS

As was I. That being said, their is no way to ensure the security of the ballot if you have the handling being my unknown people.

Online security has a lot of maturing to do before (IMHO) we get to the point where it’s in-person v. online as the only options.

I see mail-in voting being around and even expanding for the next 20-years or so. Eventually it will move online though.
.WW, PSHS

Thats where the voter number I spoke of comes in. The number would be tied to the vote and not a name.

Do you know the people that would be handling the internet connection from your home to the election server?

Remember secret ballots are such you can’t tie the specific vote back to an individual. Only that the vote was cast and for who it was.
.WW, PSHS

Just like SSN -->> Name.

Voter ID Number -->> Name.

.WW, PSHS

I do. I worked for a company that issued a Random Pin Generator. Thing was a key fob and constantly generating 5 digit numbers. Worked great.

Battery was atomic or something. I had it 5 years and it never slowed down.

What could possibly go wrong? :sunglasses: