Looks like SCOTUS justices gave themselves a face-saving way to rule in favor of abortion pill

Supreme Court Order List for 12/13.

Supreme Court took the government’s and industry’s appeals while denying the Plaintiff’s cross appeals.

I agree with the article, that the Supreme Court will save face by using the issue of standing to dispose of the mess that Judge Matthew J. Kacsmaryk created. They will deny the Plaintiff’s standing and moot the case, thus restoring full access to abortion drugs nationwide.

The conservative Justices realize the implications of allowing any crank to challenge FDA drug certifications and the implication of allowing courts rather than professionals to certify drugs.

They will just go about it in the most face saving way possible.

2 Likes

Yeah, that sure sounds like something they’d do.

In my opinion, the plaintiffs indeed do not have standing.

BTW, I forgot about this thread.

I was 100% correct.

:smile:

Agreed… and its hard to imagine any court other than the 5th Circuit letting this case get this far.

@Safiel,

I’m been told my someone on this board you are a certified genius.

(Hmmm - I think it was you. LOLz)

WW

as usual. 7-2.

thomas and alito i hear.

Allan

Disgusting.

People act like the abortion pill is just like other medication and that couldn’t be further from the truth.

People just want the right to kill their kids because they don’t like them.

2 Likes

Which will include lying to the people and pandering to the pro-abortion crowd.

Heck, this is also a slippery slope. The SC could now outlaw or bring forth any medication that was discontinued. The SC isn’t the FDA.

Women have DIED. They’ve died from hemorrhages as a result of the abortion pill. Yet people still want it on the market.

You can’t get an abortion without significant risks and drawbacks.

1 Like

According to the doctors, some patients who had taken mifepristone to terminate a pregnancy went on to later suffer “torrential bleeding,” which was upsetting for the doctors to witness. They also argued that other doctors were forced to perform surgical abortions after patients experienced complications from taking mifepristone, and that doing so went against the doctors’ personal beliefs.

Torrential bleeding is suffering. If this were any other drug it would have been recalled.

I’m sick of being bullied for being “pro-choice” in real life (for having disturbing imagery) and pro-life online.

[Studies cited in case over abortion pill are retracted due to flaws and conflicts of interest | AP News]

There are appeals to emotion and then there are facts. The “studies” of mifepristone side effects that the lower court used In ruling to overrule the FDA have been withdrawn due to flaws in methodology.

What’s the fact?

Well women have died giving birth. So maybe the one taking the risk should be the one given the choice?

Court decisions should not rely on “research studies” that have no basis in fact.

Flawed methodology does not equal “no basis in fact.”

Absence of actual data is an excellent reason to question whether something has a basis in fact.

Court decisions should rest on facts, not on suppositions.

Question yes, not assume.

:rofl::+1:t4:

One person always dies in abortion. Abortions also do affect future pregnancies.

1 Like