Look At DeSantis Go!

Agreed. Stay there.

2 Likes

You do know we are heading into recession and economic downturn…that and how’s Disney funding ATM?

Again, no - not like a separate country. Florida law still applies in Disney World, as does federal law. It’s still part of Florida, and part of the US. Hell, it’s still technically part of Orange and Osecola counties, too.

You could call it a “separate city,” if you want.

This about sums up the modern right these days - an entire political philosophy based around the idea that you get to tell others what to do, but no one else can tell you what to do.

It’s like weaponized cognitive dissonance.

9 Likes

So on the one hand they are going to build it

But on the other hand they won’t… Brilliant!
Must be nice being as flexible as silly putty

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/18/media/disney-florida-desantis/index.html

Disney is scrapping plans to build a $1 billion office complex in Florida, citing “changing business conditions,” according to a memo provided by a Disney spokesperson.

Disney, along with the broader media industry, is grappling with a difficult advertising environment and a massive writers strike. Earlier this year it announced it would be cutting 7,000 jobs as part of a cost-cutting effort.

Separately, the company confirmed Thursday that it would shut down its Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser resort at Disney World just over a year after it opened.

The popular attraction “will take its final voyage” at the end of September, Disney said, adding that it is working with guests to rebook reservations for later in the year.

Darn you Ron Desantis!

:rofl::+1:t5:

3 Likes

Sure got quiet in here…

1 Like

Hey…he’s the one that open his piehole first.

Compare to attorney cognitive disorder?

This is first I heard Disney was going to build anything in while…why is it coming out now unless they wanted to do a hatchet job on DeSantis.

My instincts have always been good to me…I trust em.

The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is now saying that the 2,000 jobs that the new Disney project would have created would have had a average salary of $120,000.00.

And there it is…

1 Like

This had been in the work since 2021 when they bought the land and your “instinct” told you to claim it was there was no development or plans…

My instincts said it was BS story…and WuWei, still hard to Call Sneak that has showed that I was right.

1 Like

BS story? Did they cancel the planned development yes or no?

Or wait are they supposed to build it anyway? I cant really tell since your post have been all over …

No they didn’t…

So you have proof they are continuing to build as we speak? Videos of construction, foreman giving orders, or you just have Fee fees?

And made it nearly impossible for him to win the general. Between picking a fight with mickey mouse and flying home to sign a 6 week abortion ban he’s done. He looks like a petty tyrant.

Ooh! I hope the source is ok.

Well said.

I also think it’s worth pointing out that there’s a difference between “fighting woke” by legislating against things like DEI in government pensions, and punitively using the power of government to punish companies for something that they say.

1 Like

I have proof that Disney is laying off 7000 employees in cost cutting effort in part of 5.5 billion dollars of cost effecting measures.

1 Like