Long lines for early voting in texas

Early voting starts today in texas. Extremely long lines in Travis county (austin and some suburbs). We’ve been in line 2 hours and probably have 30 minutes -an hour left in line and we got here as the polls opened

97% of Travis county is registered

2 Likes

2 Questions:

#1 Are the people in line wearing masks?

#2 Are they socially distancing?
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

I would imagine that long lines and long wait times are because it’s the first day of early voting. Still plenty of time to vote.

1 Like

Trying to figure out if they’re Biden voters or Trump voters? Good questions!

7 Likes

Will be a pretty good indicator as far as early voting goes.
.WW, PSHS

I completely agree.

1 Like

But…

… … The examination needs to be in the lines outside. I would expect them to have mask and social distancing protocols in place inside the election location.
.WW, PSHS

Fortunately the lines are long enough across much of Texas that it should be easy to get a view of whether people are masked and distancing outside polling places.

“Texas is in play”.

Oh no!!!

**TRUMP/PENCE IN AN INCREDIBLY HISTORIC MASSIVE LANDSLIDE!!!"

Goooooo America!!!

How much will Trump win Texas by do you think? Will he outperform his numbers from 2016 there?

It’s the 1st day and probably shows that the Trump turnout is going to be Yuuuuuuuuge. :+1:t2: :grin:

I’d love for you to point to an election where a large election turn out benefited the gop. That would totally support your point

Travis county is California transplants voting for Biden.

No need to check masks.

I respect the optimism.

Keep up the good work, sir.

I expect Trump will win by 1 or 2%, but who knows, if Biden can get Harris county out to vote. Maybe…

At least 15-20% most likely.

Voting on Day 1 is a virtue.

ya !>20 means more like 3 hr so far.

I love huge turnout, but I don’t think huge turnout favors the GOP.

Aggressive. What leads you to believe this?