Live Feed: Senate votes on government funding bill with $5B for border wall 12/21/2018

High stakes are on the line as the Senate prepares to vote on the government funding bill with $5 billion for the border wall. If the Senate does not pass this bill, the government could close. Currently Senators are talking and trying find the votes needed to pass this, but are they going to get enough votes? The word is that it might come down to who is present, as many senators are reportedly not bothering to come to work today.

Come watch with me as history unfolds before our eyes!

McConnell doesn’t look happy.

It’s jam packed in there.

Did an owl just fly by?

2 Likes

Nobody is going home until the government is funded.

Boy I sure hope they don’t find the votes!

I want that lying piece of excrement, that man-child, that insane person that is our so called “president” to have to eat his big bully words when he gives America the TRUMP SHUTDOWN for Christmas!

I want to see a “very long” TRUMP SHUTDOWN!!!

“You want to know something?” Mr. Trump finally said, exasperated. “I’ll tell you what: I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck.”

“I will take the mantle,” Mr. Trump went on. “I will be the one to shut it down — I’m not going to blame you for it.”

1 Like

Screenshot%20from%202018-12-21%2011-24-08

3 Likes

One more lie to add to the pile - Donald’s fully prepared to blame the Democrats for any shutdown.

Who keeps putting bums in office who refuse to go to work?

The vote will be kept open for several hours while Senators fly back to D.C. Currently, the vote is 43 to 45 on the motion to proceed to the House Message on H.R. 695.

2 Likes

I’m going be like Shaggy and pull a “it wasn’t me”

“I’m proud to shut down the government “ —fat donald

2 Likes

I’m sure the Sergeant at Arms is winging his way across the country to bring back the wayward Senators to DC.

I’ve heard he asked to borrow Santa’s sleigh to pick them up since that can circle the globe in less than a day.

3 Likes

Do they need to get to 51 or 60? The latter would seem impossible…

Waiting on:

Paul
Risch
Feinstein
Jones
Murray
Tester
Udall
Corker
Hatch
Isakon
Kyl
Heller

This is a motion to proceed and only requires 51 (or 50 + Vice President).

I just called Casey’s they said they still cook pizza during shutdown so what’s the big deal

2 Likes

10thankyous

Yeah!

Look how little time it took for the lying sack of excrement that is our “president” to completely renege on his statement to Chuck and Nancy.

Isakson is not going to come back
https://twitter.com/ajconwashington/status/1076198534263828482