Listener-in-Chief

https://www.usatoday.com/amp/1783546001

Trump’s ADD was in full display when meeting Nobel winner Nadia Murad. While speaking to the rape and torture survivor, Trump clearly wasn’t in the moment:

“All this happened to me. They killed my mom, my six brothers. They left behind them,” Murad said.

“Where are they now?” Trump asked.

“They killed them,” Murad quickly replied. “They are in the mass grave in Sinjar, and I’m still fighting just to live in safe. Please do something.”

The only thing Trump seemed to be interested in was her Nobel Prize, which he was definitely jealous of.

3 Likes

“Where are they now?”

What a ■■■■■■ idiot.

1 Like

When talking about her homeland, Trump replied:

“I know the area very well. I’m going to look into it very strongly.”

Priceless. Trump lies so naturally.

1 Like

I remember when Obama made the very public statement about the gruesome beheading of James Foley and then immediately waltzed off for a round of golf on Martha’s Vineyard. Then he couldn’t help himself when he went on Meet the Press. They challenged him on the event and self absorbed Obana admits he should have not done that because the optics were wrong, but then went on to say “I’m not very good at theater” In Barry’s mind had he refrained from golfing that day, it simply would have been theater, an act. What a heart. What a phony.

Trump is an embarrassment.

3 Likes

Congratulations - we now have a president that is every bit as phony as this, if not more.

When will the electorate start expecting more out of presidents?

Trump only cares about himself. He couldn’t have cared any less about this woman and her story.

I’m sure he was disengaged the entire time. He probably was thinking about being on the golf course.

1 Like

This thread is about Trump.

Y’all had 8 years to not pick verything Obama did. Time to move on.

1 Like

But it feels better to do that then to think of how embarrassing Trump is.

1 Like

What is particularly illuminating is the inability of Trumps’ acolytes to defend Trump’s words and actions. For example, respect to the House of Rep’s response to Trumps racist tweets what did the Republicans do? They tried a parliamentary procedure to stifle debate rather than defend Trump’s tweets. In this topic there is an attempt to rationalise and/or excuse Trump’s actions by trying to divert attention from them.

Precisely. The post I quoted in particular doesn’t seek to defend Trump’s actions. It just seeks to distract to “oh, look at what someone else did…” Someone else’s behavior is their own, and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Trump’s words and actions on this particular matter (as well as others) have fallen far short of behavior we should expect from someone who is occupying the office of the President of the United States. His behavior as president reflects directly upon the reputation of this nation, and he is doing so in a shameful manner.

3 Likes

We used to expect more.

1 Like

After Murad explained how her mother and six brothers were killed and that 3,000 Yazidis remained missing, Trump said, "And you had the Nobel Prize? That’s incredible. They gave it to you for what reason?"

With little pause, Murad, who was jointly awarded the Nobel Peace Prize last year, repeated her story.

He’s really a moron. Doesn’t anyone brief him before he meets people?

1 Like

I thought that too until almost every thread here that is not about Trump will mention Trump.
For example the thread about if Radish lied on her affidavit, the 3rd post is about Trump. Same in almost every thread not about Trump.

Or face that fact that Obama was self absorbed. The POTUS that used the word “I” in speeches more than any other POTUS in history.

That’s why Trump always tweets “everyone’s favorite President, me”. No self-absorption there.

1 Like

More drama. Trump does not always tweet that but Obama always referred to “my” and “I”.

Trump brings the presidency to the people when he speaks. Obama acted as if he was master of the universe and spoke as if he believed it.

Sad thing is, they probably do.

That’s considered elitist these days. We like our presidents rude and ignorant these days, they are markers of being genuine.

aaaaaand your answer is to support somebody 100 times worse.