Listen to Trump incite supporters at the end of his "Save America March" speech

I would assume yes, since the pentagon called them and offered troops. They were turned down.

By passing legislation. Damn them!

Who turned down the request?

Capitol police. I assume you meant offer instead of request.

1 Like

I would not bet either way.

There will be a lot of material to unpack…while 4400 people die a day from Covid.

Look at how THAT went away…chewing gum and walking…Blah…

Prohibiting him from running again is a seperate vote than the one to convict and only requires a majority.

They let them direct traffic that day that was on MSM news.

Umm no, can’t prohibit him from running unless he is convicted on the impeachment.

There are differing legal opinions on that as it is uncharted territory but that’s also not the only method Congress has to disqualify him. There’s also the 14th Amendment.

And there’s also the high likelihood that he’ll be in jail or exile by 2024.

lol… you give meaning where you wish and leave the obvious words as if they were not spoken at all. you propose to know his thoughts. purely hatred driven nonsense.

he said this and this is what he meant…
he said that, but did not mean it…

orwellian nonsense

purely hatred driven drivel.

1 Like

I think they can prevent him from running again with a majority vote, separate from the impeachment.

lol… more fever dreams

No there is no serious debate on that point, can only vote to bar him from running after an impeachment conviction.

no, they have no such authority

There’s a lot of debate about that right now.

'If Senate Democrats do manage to get those votes and convict Trump, there is some ambiguity about the separate vote that could disqualify him from public office. The Constitution doesn’t prescribe a two-thirds majority vote for that, and in the past, the Senate has used a simple majority for disqualification. (The Senate has only ever disqualified three people from holding future office, and all three of them were federal judges.)"

You can think anything you like, but you are wrong.

he’s not getting convicted

All three of them were convicted first. Should have read the article you linked.

The Constitution explicitly says the Senate could prevent Trump, if convicted, from ever holding public office again.

You’re right that he has to be impeached and convicted first, I’m saying the vote to prevent him from holding future office would be a separate vote and would require a simple majority.

Yeah, probably not.