‘LIKE THE OLD DAYS’: 5 People Shot Dead in New York City Within 24 HOURS

Originally published at: ‘LIKE THE OLD DAYS’: 5 People Shot Dead in New York City Within 24 HOURS | Sean Hannity

Five people were shot and killed within a 24-hour time period this week; raising new questions over safety and security in the nation’s largest city.

“Five people were fatally shot in a 24-hour period throughout Brooklyn and Queens — and the gunmen in each case are still at large,” reports the New York Post. “The bloodshed began early Tuesday, when 18-year-old Angel Nixon was fatally shot in the head, torso and legs around 12:30 a.m., when a fight broke out near the corner of 176th Street and 145th Avenue in Springfield Gardens.”

Two men fatally shot in front of Coney Island home https://t.co/CFSBulHgUM pic.twitter.com/lQ8xU7O1QJ

— New York Post (@nypost) August 21, 2019

“Later in the evening, Queens cops found Gregory Haskins, 25, lying on the pavement with a gunshot wound to the chest on Sutphin Boulevard in Jamaica, according to police sources. He was rushed to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, but could not be saved,” adds the Post.

The NYPD’s Hate Crimes Unit is also investigating three reported attacks on New York City’s Hasidic Jewish community within one hour; saying the robberies in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn could be religiously motivated.

“Obviously, might just be a run-of-the-mill mugging with the attempt as a bias crime, knowing that these people – just like myself, I go out of my house at 5:30, and many of them do, because prayer starts at six,” community activist Isaac Abraham told CBS2’s Christina Fan.

The @NYPDHateCrimes Unit and the @NYPD90Pct are investigating a series of assaults which occurred this morning in the Williamsburg section of #Brooklyn. If you were a victim or have info, please contact @NYPDTips 800-577-TIPS. pic.twitter.com/JZSzpPFtSM

— Chief Dermot F. Shea (@NYPDDetectives) August 12, 2019

Read the full report at the New York Post.