Libs world is crashing down around em

I’m not surprised you don’t understand how polls work.

Really one of the best replies I have seen in a while.

That’s not the only reason. Nancy drove the Blue Dog Democrats out of Congress. Seems like ages ago. If JFK were alive today, he would be driven out of the party and become a “conservative Republican”.

Don’t believe me, listen to this speech on taxes. Reagan or Trump could have given it:

I think Trump was pretty much the only candidate Hillary had a shot at winning against. If anyone else had been nominated, she would have lost. The only candidate she had a shot against and she ended up losing anyway. People are tired of the Bush and Clinton families. End of story.

Jeb Bush would disagree with you. Hillary was a terrible candidate and she left us with a terrible president.

Has the world changed much since 1961 approx.?

Of course he would. He also lost. Go figure.

You said Trump is the only candidate Hillary could have beaten and then said it was because people were sick of Clintons and Bushes. So couldn’t Hillary have beaten Jeb too?

Trump’s style and approach are completely alien to what any prior administration tried.

I remember an interview with Trump, where he was asked how we went from “Rocket Man,”, and “my button is bigger than yours,” to getting North Korea’s Kim to a summit and talking about denuclearization and peace?"

Trump’s reply was:

_"I think without the rhetoric we wouldn’t have been here. " _

"So I think the rhetoric — I hated to do it, sometimes I felt foolish doing it — but we had no choice.”

So, what if Trump is able to pull this off, and we do have a North Korea without nukes and peace with it’s neighbors? What will you say about him then? Is there any chance you might give Trump the credit he would be due?

Based on what? The economy? ISIS kicked from Iraq? Peace prospects with north Korea? Where has Trump been “a terrible president,” besides your disapproval of some of his stupid tweets and the manner and brusque tone of some of his pubic comments?

Not sound economics. Calvin Coolidge did the same thing and the economy roared. They call it the “roaring twenty’s”. Reagan learned from Coolidge and JFK, did the same thing and again the economy roared.

Trump did the same thing and the economy is roaring.

This is a fact pattern. The difference between conservatives and leftists is we permit facts inform our opinions. The left does not, they arrive at their positions by emotion, what makes them feel superior to others. Its all about peer pressure. They follow group think. If the group says Comey is evil, they all say it. When they change and make him a hero, they all jump on board and declare him a hero.

Its pathetic to anyone not a leftist. To leftists, its necessary to change positions whenever the agenda for power over others, requires it.

Holy ■■■■■ I can’t believe people are still talking about this woman. It’s going to be two ■■■■■■■ years for Chrsit sake, give it a damn rest…this also includes non-trump huggers.

I was only counting the candidates that actually made it to the primaries. I’m not sure if Jeb had a chance against her or not. Since he was no longer running at that point, it’s kind of moot anyway.

The economy was doing great when Trump took office and I’m worried his tax cuts will have a negative effect in the long run. You’re giving Trump credit for the defeat of ISIS? I think that’s silly. There is no peace with North Korea unless you want to trust a ruthless dictator who has lied to us over and over again.

I disagree with Trump on many issues, including tariffs and the border wall. I think he’s patently dishonest. His golfing and other habits since taking office are beyond hypocritical. He’s the most divisive politician I’ve ever seen, and his disdain for the institutions that help make this country great scares me.

2 Likes

Try this. Look carefully at everything around you, mentally list everything colored “blue”. Close your eyes, and list everything colored “red”. Most likely you will fail, you were looking for “blue” objects and no other color was noticed by you. If you did manage to remember a red object, you didn’t get them all.

That’s “confirmation bias”. We only see what we look for. There is only one way to overcome “confirmation bias”, that is to deliberately look for what contradicts your ideas.

If you revisited everything Trump has done as President, looking for proof his programs are working, the economy getting better, ISIS vanishing, peace with North Korea a real possibility. You will see the evidences for those views.

Its not “silly”, its “confirmation bias” that blinds you to what others are seeing.

Of course, it works both ways. Trumpsters are also blind to what you see, unless they deliberately look at for what you see.

I have and while I understand why you believe what you do, I found the reasons “unsound”. In “informal logic”, that means the reasons leftists have are built upon fallacies. Usually ad hominem. That seems to infect all of the left’s conclusions.

More people voted for Hillary than trump.

And how do you know that your not blinded by confirmation blindness?

I explained that in my last paragraph. As one trained in critical thinking, able to spot fallacies in any conclusion, I tested mine accordingly. Abduction confirms the relative soundness of conservative positions. The economy was cited as an example of being consistent with the fact pattern manifest in history.

Ad hominem characterizes the lefts conclusions. That renders them both invalid, unsound. That’s why every issue is characterized by the left as “racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobic, etc etc.” because they don’t have facts to cite.

Its like having a gun with no bullets, so you throw the gun at the monster. The monster being sound reasons for NOT believing what the left believes.

I explained that in my last paragraph. As one trained in critical thinking, able to spot fallacies in any conclusion, I tested mine accordingly. Abduction confirms the relative soundness of conservative positions. The economy was cited as an example of being consistent with the fact pattern manifest in history.

Ad hominem characterizes the lefts conclusions. That renders them both invalid, unsound. That’s why every issue is characterized by the left as “racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobic, etc etc.” because they don’t have facts to cite.

Its like having a gun with no bullets, so you throw the gun at the monster. The monster being sound reasons for NOT believing what the left believes.

I also suggested the easiest “work around” to counter “confirmation bias”. Deliberately look for why your opponent believes as he does, suspending your own bias as you research the data.

Then you will notice “the other colors”.

Until you discipline yourself not to look for “blue” objects, all the other colored objects will not be noticed by you.

I wish I knew this years ago, before I spend big $$$ trying to “crack” the lottery. I kept seeing the same “patterns in the numbers”, because I looked for those patterns!

That’s a good illustration why one must guard against “confirmation bias”, it can cost you to be wrong.