Let's Talk About Changes to Policing

But it’s not. Ever.

Read the court case in the op.

I read it, it sounds like the plain clothes unit was staking out the area. My first question is why is a plain clothes unit making a routine traffic stop. They are supposed to be there looking for plain view criminal activity, not traffic violations.

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics there are just over 1.2 million prisoners in America. I don’t know how often cops get out of line, but I think the odds are pretty good if a cop is in a fight helping him is the right thing to do.

Here’s an example of “disorderly conduct”

Language Warning

Every day.

Which means? I’m not in prison.

By the way, I believe democrats made marijuana illegal. Unless I am reading it wrong.

Here’s another one.

1 Like

I think the internet overemphasizes how often these bad cop situations occurs.

I don’t think it’s some industry wide epidemic of bad cops.

But when it does happen, I don’t think “the blue shield” is needed. Bad cops need to be broomed out the door a lot faster.

1 Like

This is absolutely outrageous. I was going to post a video I saw yesterday, but couldn’t find it. The video was just like this one. A kid, maybe 20 years old flipped the bird to a cop and the cop arrested him, but when the supervisor showed up, the kid was let go. All the while, the cop was lying to his supervisor. It was all on video, but the cop still lied and we can bet there was no repercussion for the cop’s behavior.

It happens every day all over the country. Especially the ID thing. They are constantly running us through the system on any lame-assed excuse.

2 Likes

This particular cop has starred in a number of citizen videos. I don’t know if he was fired or quit, but he’s no longer on the force.

I saw one yesterday of a traffic stop, like you I can’t find it again. It made me furious.

1 Like

Thing is, I know it’s not all cops. But I think it’s lack of training or simply egos. This is why it’s so important to know your rights in your state. I know that here in Florida, a cop cannot ask you for ID or even ask you name unless he can reasonably articulate the crime that was about to be committed or is being committed or has been committed. And NEVER get involved with a traffic stop without a recording device. I even bought a dash-cam for my own protection.

It’s not a lack of training, it is the training.

2 Likes

Well around here they certainly harass skateboarders a lot,
and if you stop 6" too close to a stop sign with out of state plates you’ll get a ticket.

Beach community, golf course community, same basic deal. Not a hot bed of innocent motorists getting pummeled into a coma by Nazi police. Had one incident about 5 years ago. Summer cop from Phila grabbed some mouthy chick’s arm., she pulled away he reacted like he “felt threatened” and, well . . . we try to avoid hiring Philly cops now.

You know those crazy skateboard kids.
If you let them skateboard just anywhere they want, . . . it could led to dancing. (wink)

2 Likes

Playing the old hits, I see.

2 Likes

Yeah well, the same night there was a gang shooting at a High School football game. (there are 53 murder per day in America.)
cops in the same city, earlier that night, tricked some guy into thinking he had to let them search his trunk.

Some people get all excited about the trunk thing and turn a blind eye to 53 murders per day. Reasonable people would want to do something about the murder.

So when it comes to “Changes in Policing” what would you do about the 53 murders per day?

Oh ok. I never saw that. In the state of NJ they use a points system for driving. You lose your license if you get 12 points. You get 3 points removed every year you don’t have a violation. I had 57 points by the age of 24. I have plenty of experience with the police.

My scariest experience was with plain clothed officers. They walk up, guns out, not pointed at me, quickly flash badges and tell me to put my hands on the car. This was around 2AM in a desolate parking lot. Not a cool experience.

The reason I believe this happened is because I’m white in a 95% black neighborhood coming out of an apartment building that is known to sell drugs. I don’t do drugs, so they found nothing.

I’m just not sure that’s reason enough. Even though the profile would say they’d hit on this 9 out of ten times.

Are cops solving 53 murders per day?

What an odd post.

1 Like