Let them drive Teslas…

First of all, why would that even be a metric?

Second of all…my EV has a 66 kWh battery.

The AC uses about 2 KW of power.

That’s 33 hours with the AC on.

You of course can allow some room for power fluctuations/error. That’s still plenty of power for 24 hours straight.

You were saying?

Oh wow, umm, different people have different uses for vehicles. FYI. lol

1 Like

Tesla is about 2-3 years away from a 500 miles EV with V4 charging that will charge to 80% in less than 10 mins. Once that happens, Teslas at least, will be superior for long trips too.

Mine is only rated at 328 miles but on this current trip I’m averaging almost 70% efficiency on this trip. So I really only get 210 miles. However there is literally a Tesla supercharger every 100 miles. Except for between Van Biden Arkansas and Brinkley Arkansas. That was 191 miles before the next chargers on the 40.

I got to Brinkley with about 31 miles remaining and charged to 230 in 15 mins.

Of course they did. Gotta keep up with being 5 years behind the times! :rofl:

For most people, it wouldn’t be a metric.

So as I stated, for the uses I mentioned…the short trip that makes up 95+% of all car vehicle trips…EVs are as good as or even better than ICE cars.

a) Wireless charging is not an option everywhere and b) USB-c ports are not just for charging.

And EV heaters get incredibly hot… and a lot faster than ICE.

Your one subjective opinion was noted the first time, but the fact remains that it is not superior. Until it is, in all areas, you’re just a snake oil salesman trying to convince me that your subpar product is worth getting rid of my reliable tech for.

Let me know when the tech is all growed up. lol

2 Likes

If I had been pushing for complete replacement of all vehicles with EVs right this instant, you would have a point.

But I wasn’t…so you don’t have a point.

For the uses most people put their cars to…EVs are as good as or superior to ICE vehicles.

No you’re just making claims that are nothing but subjective, with tech that is inferior to the ICE.

Lemme know when the tech is all growed up. You can keep your EV trash in the meantime. lol

2 Likes

They mandated it for everything, I have zero need of a usb c on my sonos move which has a charging base.

I dont think anyone is saying EVs are going to replace all other vehicles but we are definitely seeing a move to where they will become more prevalent.

Not sure why this is such a contentious subject.

Well for one, my electric grid is already being predicted to have major problems this summer.

4 Likes

EVs will never completely replace gas. It’s just another type of vehicle in the pool of vehicles. I think EVs today are 2.5% global market share and 5% US. US will jump significantly when the EV trucks from Tesla, ford and Chevy come out. But overall, still very low. Maybe get to 30% by 2040?

Oops there’s also a provision in the agreement to keep watch on the development of wireless charging so the agreement can be adapted if need be.

Which will move at the speed of government no doubt.

But its a non issue for you as far as driving goes because if I recslly correctly you do not have an EV.

I bet come the winter those with EVs in your area managed just fine.

Yeah that’s the big flaw right now. There’s no standardization.

The EU plans to force automakers selling EVs there to settle on one charging standard by 2030.

Hopefully when that happens it’ll standardize it here since it would be cost prohibitive to use different charging standards in the world’s second and third largest auto markets respectively.

And they aren’t terrible at other jobs. Their just not as well optimized yet. Which isn’t the cars theirselves, but more the charging standards or lack thereof.

As of right now the only EV lineup that can handle all jobs expected of it to a satisfactory degree are Teslas. It’s the only lineup I’d feel comfortable traveling cross country in due to their expansive supercharger network.

What needs to happen is that every automaker needs to standardize on Tesla’s charging standard. Which would require Tesla to license, something they don’t do in the United States (due to European regulations, they license in Europe for that market).

That’s the issue…these guys MAKE it contentious by making the assumption it’s going to be an instantaneous change when they then proceed to knock it on the head.

Actually I’m not sure EVs are the solution either…because they are VEHICLES.

Still a lot of tonnage to be pushing around when the typical situation is one person and maybe some stuff is being transported.

Elon has offered to license the charging connector to other automakers but they have mostly declined.

Then this

So hopefully other automakers jump on board. However we would need far more charging locations if that happened. Especially in population dense areas.

On my way east… charging stations became less and less full. By the time I got to Oklahoma there were often times I was the only car there. Until I got to Nashville.