LET IT GO: Stacey Abrams Claims GOP ‘Suppressing Vote’ and ‘Dismantling Democracy’ Heading into 2020

Originally published at: LET IT GO: Stacey Abrams Claims GOP ‘Suppressing Vote’ and ‘Dismantling Democracy’ Heading into 2020 | Sean Hannity

Failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams continued to re-hash her 2018 midterm defeat this week; once again claiming the Republican Party is attempting to “suppress the vote” heading into the general election.

“We know that they have been hard at work at suppressing the vote, at dismantling democracy. It’s our responsibility to not just wait to see what happens, but to actually fight back. We’re going to educate, staff, and fund voter protection teams that are ready to go long before we have a nominee,” said Abrams.

“We’re also going to make sure we’re ready for the tactics used in Georgia, North Dakota, Florida, Texas, Wisconsin, and Michigan,” she added.

"It is our responsibility to not just wait to see what happens, but to actually fight back." -Stacey Abrams on preparing for 2020 pic.twitter.com/51PMm0aKZm

— Maddow Blog (@MaddowBlog) August 14, 2019

Rapidly fading Presidential candidate Kirsten Gillibrand made similar statements last month; insisting that “voter suppression” denied Stacey Abrams her Georgia gubernatorial race.

“I have a very comprehensive approach about how to restore our voting rights. Because the truth is, we have Republican legislatures across this country that are trying to deny black people the right to vote,” said Gillibrand.

“Just look at what happened in Georgia? Look at what happened with Stacey Abrams? But for voter disenfranchisement, Stacey Abrams would be the Governor of Georgia,” she added.

"But for voter disenfranchisement, Stacey Abrams would be the governor of Georgia."

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand speaks at the National Urban League Conference in Indianapolis. pic.twitter.com/Vk5XWjMk5t

— The Hill (@thehill) July 26, 2019

I look forward to the Supreme Court’s decision on voter I’Ds, especially after voter suppression was debunked!