Lee Zeldin is assaulted on while campaigning

The left can’t even be trusted to keep convicted violent criminals locked up…… let alone ones that haven’t been convicted yet.

It wasn’t the left who undercharged and thus had no bail. It was the DA, who is a republican.

It was actually the Monroe County Sheriff who came up with the charges, not the DA.

That bastion of liberal thought.

Must be pretty embarrassing to have the Feds come in and have to do your job for you.

I gotta say, this is gearing up to be the most interesting thing to happen in New York state politics since the last round of sexual harassment scandals and corruption convictions.

He’s still definitely going to lose, though.

1 Like

NY does have a thing with electing sex pests.

Elected here:

3 Likes

Ahh thanks for the correction.

I started working in NY state politics in 2007. Bruno was the State Senate Majority, Shelly Silver was Speaker of the Assembly, and Spitzer was Governor.

A month or so after I started, the Spitzer hooker story broke - and since then, Joe Bruno and Shelly Silver have both gone to prison for corruption, I think.

1 Like

I have another hypothesis…

…although it seems the DA was not involved in the charging.

It doesn’t just seem that way, it was that way. the D.A. had recused herself.

Should we start ridiculing them for getting duped?

2 Likes

'Member how they said “Adults are in charge now!”

You 'member.

Wonder why he would do that?

The circles were a nice touch.

Feel free, but Zeldin’s claim is ■■■■■■■■■ he blamed this—both preemptively band after—on bail reform. It was a non-bail eligible charge. See:

Doorley’s spokesperson said she would and planned to recuse herself. Future tense. A DA/special prosecutor hasn’t been appointed yet.

The office won’t say whether she approved it or not? LOL. Okay. They know the answer to that question.

Well

:rofl::+1:t4:

It’s true.

Is it time?

Stick with it!

2 Likes