Lead by example

So ifs not a facf but just your opinion.

Good to know.

1 Like

If some trace back to Australian Natives, that begs the question of what race are the Australian Natives?

…except the part where comparing a past president in this case only served to distract from the current president’s failures by saying “well, the other guy didn’t lead either.” That makes the case AGAINST Trump.

The Mormons have some ideas on this.

Sapiens are all one race, regardless of superficial things like skin pigmentation.

Different races of humans include (but are not limited to):

Heidelbergensis
Rudolfensis
Habilis
Floresiensis
Erectus
Neanderthalensis

And they constructed new barriers that were hundreds of miles. Trump has achieved 3 miles in almost 4 years.

Let’s see, 16 years for hundreds of miles of new barrier. 4 years for three miles of new barrier.

Yep, the argument is sound. Want to try again?

Promises made. Promises failed!

2 Likes

I see someone is parroting radical left-wing talking points over and over again.

When I redo someone kitchen it’s a new kitchen.

I’m not real familiar but I know they have a different history about South America than what’s told in history books.

is that how you see it? Funny, I see it as a check on intellectual honesty. One can be assured that the left didn’t complain about Obama. So if lack of leadership wasn’t a problem for them then, why is it now.

I think that being fixated on the assumption that the comparison is intended to absolve Trump is where people are tripping up and getting confused.

He did do hundreds of miles of new wall.

Say…libs don’t know what it take to build stuff do they?

:rofl:

Trump promised to construct hundreds of miles of new wall. He has constructed three new miles.

If you promised a developer you would redo the kitchens of 100 rental properties of theirs, and only redid 3 of them, did you fulfill you promise? Nope. You failed.

1 Like

Liberal thinkers built this country.

1 Like

We both know Trump didn’t campaign on replacing existing barriers. Come on man.

:rofl:

1 Like

Liberal thinkers?

Yes. You probably call them Classical Liberals.

Well let me know when libs has one.

Do you really not see a difference between:

“I believe Obama was a leader and Trump is not”

and

“So what if Trump doesn’t lead, neither did Obama?”

One differentiates between the two, and suggests one was a leader by example and that one was not.

The other excuses a lack of leadership by example from Trump by suggesting Obama didn’t lead by example.

…because that’s exactly what it tries to do. It says Trump’s behavior is fine, because it’s the same as Obama. But if Trump was elected to be BETTER THAN Obama, and because he was NOT Obama, and because people didn’t like Obama. So how is “he’s acting like Obama” anything but a hypocritical defense?

Whataboutism is basically just another word for the tu quoque fallacy:

Definition of tu quoque

: a retort charging an adversary with being or doing what the adversary criticizes in others

It’s a really elementary-level excuse. “He did it first,” as if that justifies “you” having done it.

Little Johnny saying to teacher “Jimmy did it first, so why didn’t he get in trouble” doesn’t absolve Little Johnny of his own wrongdoing.

When libs has one what?

while the phrase “tu quoque” sends tingles up the legs of the left, it is really just a diversionary tactic to invoke the name of that fallacy. It is almost never used correctly and now is - in some places - being even sloppily redefined to accommodate the erroneous usage.
to quote from Wikimedia…

Tu quoque “argument” follows the pattern:[2]

1. Person A makes claim X.
2. Person B asserts that A’s actions or past claims are inconsistent with the truth of claim X.
3. Therefore, X is false.

you see, what you call “whataboutism” is not an attempt to declare your statements about Trump as false. ( THAT is and can be done with facts that have little to do with the “whataboutism”). What you call “whataboutism” is simply as way to establish whether your complaint about Trump is an actual concern about lack of leadership or is it just a political rant. If someone was attempting to use the comparison with Obama to prove your assertion about Trump is false, that would be a legitimate tu quoque logical fallacy. But that’s not the case.

But dont feel bad. Many a lib gets that tingle when they think they can invoke a latin phrase to defend themselves. That is some kind of logical fallacy in itself, I think :rofl:

1 Like

“Sloppily redefined” by Merriam-Webster.

:upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

The hilarious part is that you left out the VERY NEXT LINE of the “wikimedia” article that goes on to explain exactly what your selectively copy/pasted part says:

It is a fallacy because the moral character or actions of the opponent are generally irrelevant to the logic of the argument.[3] It is often used as a red herring tactic and is a special case of the ad hominem fallacy, which is a category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of facts about the person presenting or supporting the claim or argument.[4]

The article goes on to give the following example:

In the trial of Nazi war criminal Klaus Barbie, the controversial lawyer Jacques Vergès tried to present what was defined as a Tu Quoque Defence —i.e., that during the Algerian War, French officers such as General Jacques Massu had committed war crimes similar to those with which Barbie was being charged, and therefore the French state had no moral right to try Barbie. This defence was rejected by the court, which convicted Barbie.[[5]]
Convenient you left that part out.

(Tu quoque - Wikipedia)

Very similar to what I described here:

Johnny only brought up Jimmy to distract from, or to justify, his own behavior. It justifies his behavior by saying “Jimmy did it first”, suggesting he shouldn’t get in trouble if Jimmy didn’t., or “why wasn’t it a big deal with Jimmy did it, but it’s a big deal with I did it?”

“Did Obama lead by example” was an attempt to distract away from Trump. Or “tu quoque” or “whataboutism.”

No amount of continued edits are going to change that.