Lead by example

Not lib thinkers.

Good post. Except: politics.

That is up to the people who elected to decide.

So how is “he’s acting like Obama” anything but a hypocritical defense?

I can see your point. On some topics (golf) it is correct. On others, using the same tools is not. If Trump is writing a lot of EOs and I complained about Obama doing it, it could be hypocrisy. Unless Trump is writing most of them to cancel Obama’s. That is how the mechanism works.

Yeah, they pretty well told us that before, during, and after the election, and have been reminding everyone of that for years, including coming from Trump himself. There’s no guesswork involved.

I generally agree, but I think it depends on the nature of the complaint.

“I don’t like that Obama used EOs so much” followed by “So what if Trump uses a lot of EOs, Obama did too” would be whataboutism. It doesn’t attempt to refute Trump’s “overuse” of them-it simply justifies his use of so many of them by likening it to Obama’s use of them.

“I found many Obama EOs to be abuses of his authority, but don’t generally view most of Trump’s use of EOs to be the same” would not be “whataboutism.” This does not attempt to distract from Trump’s use of EOs. It simply states one doesn’t think they were similar to Obama’s use.

I don’t disagree that there are plenty of times people try to use “whataboutism” too broadly, or when it is not valid.

1 Like

You are relying on Merriam Webster ? The company is going to redefine racism to accommodate the views of extreme racists. The result will be that the absence of equal opportunity will not be a metric of racism but that the lack of equal outcomes will be evidence of racism.
What can I say ! I’m afraid I cannot accept their definitions of tu quoque.

And the same true of Obama after Bush. I’m not sure what your complaint is.

Except as I said, it takes an EO to undo an EO.

Good for her for reaching out, getting involved, caring - and doing it the right way.

She’s wrong.

And they are idiots.

Wasn’t a complaint-simply stating that "Trump was elected to be better than Obama or “not do the things Obama did” is a large part of what he ran on, and a large part of why many here have vocally stated they supported him. “The people who elected” him that you mentioned DID decide that.

That’s one of the examples that is not whataboutism, as I described in my second example:

Supporting Trump’s use of an EO to undo an Obama EO one saw as an abuse of authority would not be “whataboutism.” I completely agree with you on that.

1 Like

In my view, some of it he has done well. Others he is a hypocrite. Just like all of them.

Ok.

Ok.

I provided an example of the dictionary’s mistake in redefining racism…You just saved me from the Hannity Iron Maiden. Thanks.

wrong. There are 5:

American Indian or Alaska Native
Asian
Black or African American
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
White

Cite your source.

Hard to tell if there’s a difference in the minds of those that use “lib” as a pejorative and throw everyone who disagrees with Trump into under that same blanket.

1 Like

Not really. Lib was here before Trump and will be after he’s gone.

Here are two sources:

1. 8th grade social studies class.
  2. Any employment application.
1 Like

Exactly. From our own U.S. Census Bureau.
https://www.census.gov/mso/www/training/pdf/race-ethnicity-onepager.pdf

1 Like

Since you need help.
https://www.census.gov/mso/www/training/pdf/race-ethnicity-onepager.pdf

corrected.

there was an attempt to make “Hispanic” a race but I think- in spite of attempts to divide the country more by making both Hispanic and Arabic a race - they are not yet listed that way.

sorry @Apocalypto , you mistaken.

Sure, but how the hell did you get the neighbor to pay for it? :laughing:

1 Like

http://www.ir.ufl.edu/OIRApps/ethnic_code_changes/info.html

As ever the Lincoln project has a very apt video, again one they are showing at Prime time on Fox news in DC

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1276241745206968321?s=20