Lawyer issues warning to Congress on Barr contempt: 'You are heading into a world of hurt'

I don’t have one. But congress critter though his was important enough to have him testify.

Then you shouldnt go questioning others if they have one. Just like asking when did you serve. Its looked down on here…and has been dealt with with timeouts before.

You do know the difference between questioning one’s military service and asking where someone got a law degree right?

You know why one is a violation and one isn’t right?

Can be done either way.

BUT

Still requires a vote of the full house.

Individual Members of the House can introduce impeachment resolutions like ordinary bills, or the House could initiate proceedings by passing a resolution authorizing an inquiry.

So again, is the house willing to do that JUST to get the full Mueller report?

No sorry…that’s not how it’s worked here. You dont think I would say something without backing my stuff up? I can…

You went and made it personal when you didnt need to…and I’ve seen you argue…you dont need to.

I absolutely want it to happen… It give the house committees judiciary powers they currently don’t have…

All it takes is one member of the judiciary committee to file a resolution of inquiry and the committee must vote on it within 14 days or the representative has the option to take it for a floor vote…

Like this…

They have the right so start one

A majority vote… You know, just over 50%…

Then call your congress critters and tell them to either introduce article of impeachment and vote on them, or to vote to start an inquiry.

I don’t think the Dem’s will do either with what they have now.

Best case scenario the whole investigation goes nuclear exposing Democrats and Republicans, the crooks all go away and we the people get to replace 2/3 of the congress and government. That is what I’d love to see. I’d like to see this thing start to eat itself.

Read close.

I"m saying that congress, to get the full Mueller report the way you are saying would have to have a full vote of the house to do so. Why havn’t they done it then? They should have the votes shouldn’t they? Republicans can call for a vote on the record so we know how each member of the house votes.

I have read close… A resolution of inquiry is not equal to articles of impeachment… It’s almost like the democrats are setting up this vote… It’s been a while since I have heard about multi-dimensional chess… I think we are seeing now…

You got some authoritarian complex or something?

Yeah you keep saying this…what you think is irrelevant to what the dems should and shouldnt do

From the article:

Note that this doesn’t mean the executive branch is forced to give up the information in question. The House could still vote the resolution down. If it does, however, every House member is on the record opposing the request for that information — in this case, information about Trump and his team that is very much in the public’s interest.

The way I read it, the Resolution of inquiry is a device used by the House minority party. Why would the House majority party use that device when they can simply exercise their majority power.

Because they are going through the motions. No need to worry about the dems. They will get there if they need to. Meanwhile your lost transparent and truthful administration is obstructing as usual

Maybe. I believe that Comey has been trash talking Rosenstein lately. There’s a reason for it.

1 Like

If it was Feb of 2017, I might agree with you. Unfortunately, there has been a report and an election from the time the article you cite was posted.

Special dreams of CRCs…as if they think they’d even win such a thing.

In 2017, DEMs were in the minority and used the device to force a vote. Why would the House majority party use that device when they can simply exercise their majority power?

I see this going to the courts where, as Turley warned, I believe DEMs will lose.

Sigh, you still seem to misunderstand the process… The forced vote was the JUDICIARY COMMITTEE, not a full house vote…

The courts will not interfere with a house resolution of inquiry… PLENTY of precedence to support it as a judicial proceeding… Turley was warning about a subpoena not under judicial proceedings…