Laura Loomer Files FEC Complaint Against Twitter

She said nothing wrong. She said nothing hateful. I dare you to prove that she did.

Twitter has banned conservatives by the scores because they are a leftwing company that likes to ban speech they don’t like. Its the same MO that leftists use at colleges to ban speakers, that ABC used to get rid of Roseanne… …say something the Left does not like and they crush & silence you.

That is the fascism being defended by some people here. This thread is quite revealing

1 Like

Yes she was. But by becoming a political candidate, Twitter now should have to follow FEC rules and regulations. Based on court rulings about politicians not being able to block users.

And they banned the person because of her content. Can you cite the law that makes thos illegal?

Should the power company cut your power if they don’t approve of your political views?

Just asking for a friend.

Can you please cite the regulation that says they cant ban her because of hateful speech?

There are all sorts of limitations on what we can say on this forum at the risk of a ban. While most of us disagree with the moderators decisions some of the time, we also accept that a certain level of editorial control is necessary to maintain the propriety of site that carries the name of a public figure.

A private business has to be able to maintain the image it wishes to put forth to the public.

1 Like

Courts have ruled they are a public platform for speech.

Doing so, if they silence one candidate and allow another to speek, they are in violation of FEC rules without disclosing the associated costs as an in kind contribution to the one candidate.

1 Like

Are there other forms of social media she could use to communicate her views? Asking for a friend with a bakery.

1 Like

And there are other forms to generate power.

That same logic applies to forums yet I can be silenced at any time

violating the TOS of Twitter =/= 'twitter doesn’t like her."

There was nothing wrong with the content, other than the fact it was not Liberal. Thats the whole point.

Remember when she and pencil-chinned weirdo Jacob Wohl claimed to be tooling around Minneapolis in an armored vehicle out of their fear of Ilhan Omar? Those were the days. Even by the crappy standards of rightwing grifters, Laura Loomer is a ridiculous stumblebum and ■■■■■■■■■ 07%20AM

5 Likes

So if Bernie Sanders got banned here for Abuse of Host, but Trump was allowed to post, the would be an FEC violation?

Courts have not ruled that political forums are a public platform.

If you think they have, please post the court opinion.

I am not familiar with the court ruling with respect to Trump blocking users on twitter. Could you please clarify whether it was specific to Trump as president of the USA or to all politicians?

Why are you comparing a small private forum to a huge global public communication platform?

Not as far as I’m aware. Political forums have not been found to be public platorms for speech like Twitter and Facebook have.

because the principle is the same.

So in your mind, they no longer have the right to make their own rules?