Laura Loomer Files FEC Complaint Against Twitter

Congressional Candidate Laura Loomer Files FEC Complaint Against Twitter For Providing In-Kind Corporate Contributions to Her Opponent

Republican Congressional Candidate Laura Loomer has filed a formal Federal Election Commission complaint against Twitter for providing in-kind corporate contributions to her opponent, Democrat Congresswoman Lois Frankel, by censoring her from the platform.

My comment: I love Laura. She is awesome. he probably won’t win though and thats too bad.

“He”?

1 Like

This is going to go absolutely nowhere

1 Like

If we have to depend on comments like the one you just made, I would agree.

More like if we believe in the rights of private businesses to regulate their company as they fit.

3 Likes

Is this the same Laura Loomer who has managed to get herself banned from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, GoFundMe, Venmo, Uber, UberEats and, of all things, CPAC?

lol

6 Likes

Who? Sorry, never heard of her. What state are we talking about here?

That’s the one.

What do you even have to do to get banned from UberEats? lol

1 Like

This obviously stems from the wider issue of unfair practices by Twitter, and her previous pieces going after Twitter. They do not like her at all.

“The wider issues of unfair practices by Twitter”…for example?

How is removing hateful speech from a private platform an unfair practice?

Even if that’s true, so what? Its their legal right

Hmm…
I own a bar.
One of my customers insults other customers and is unruly, so I permanently 86 her.
She decides to run for city counsel.
Her opponent(s) comes into my bar and chats with other patrons.
But I still don’t let the naughty lady into my bar to do the same, I banned her and I meant it.

Am I within my rights to maintain a pleasant bar or am I showing favoritism to some political candidates?

I allow “Vote for Naughty Lady” fliers to be hung on the wall, just as I allow “Vote for Other Folks” fliers. But I don’t allow the naughty lady on the property. (Just as Twitter doesn’t ban “vote for Loomer” to be posted by un-banned folks.)

Hmm…

10 Likes

/thread

1 Like

Cutting that failed analogy off right there. Unless your bar has the entire nation as patrons, and unless your bar is a communications platform for every person, business, entity, and politician in the country, then your analogy does not hold the slightest bit of water.

Why do you have such a problem with capitalism?

1 Like

I won’t report that post - THIS time. The post is a false allegation since I love capitalism, and the post is personalizing it against me instead of addressing the topic.

Now, lets do this again:

Cutting that failed analogy off right there. Unless your bar has the entire nation as patrons, and unless your bar is a communications platform for every person, business, entity, and politician in the country, then your analogy does not hold the slightest bit of water.

They are just asking you to back up your claims with examples. It’s not a bait. It’s clarifying question. This is your thread and you’ve been asked to provided evidence to back up your claims.

1 Like

Your post says otherwise. You want to restrict Twitter’s right to conduct its business as it sees fit

1 Like