Kid flashes white power symbol at Nashville rally

I suggest you read this if you have time.

Never heard that. Maybe it’s just a way for those that want racism where none exist?

A simple search on the interwebs yields that it is the second part of a two handed gesture of sign language for the letter W and letter P. Which when done poorly looks like an upside down ok sign. I will continue to use the ok sign as I am not a white supremicist…I am 53 years old and am not so childish as to actually throw signs with my hands!

Which is it? Hand signs are fine or childish?

Look. People use ok every day. I use ok to signal to people while I’m on phone that it’s ok to come in my office. I’m not childish enough to us it or others in a derogatory way. But go ahead and continue to be purposefully obtuse and childish.

I was pretty clear in what I said.

I was speaking of derogatory signs…

It’s crazy to think how successful online trolls can be.

1 Like

Always were. Its just nobody tried to read all sorts of stuff in to them and pretend they mean something they may or may not mean in a particular case.

4 Likes

Trump’s reaction to the Central park 5, and the birtherism of Obama, is more than a product of his time.

He may not be a white supremist. But he is absolutely a racist. And as a rich white man, (and now POTUS) a racist with power.

1 Like

Thanks for the info I never heard of 4chan but it doesn’t change the obvious that it was manufactured by some raggedy KKK bigot/racist as the article states:

"The “OK” hand gesture originated as one of these hoaxes in February 2017 when an anonymous 4channer announced “Operation O-KKK,” telling other members that “we must flood Twitter and other social media websites…claiming that the OK hand sign is a symbol of white supremacy.”

The okay :ok_hand: is a “positive” universal hand gesture used around the world by all races, colors and creeds and I don’t think its going to catch on as a viable PC weapon leftists can use.

1 Like

This is not true. In certain parts of middle and southern Europe (although not in Spain or Portugal) the gesture is considered offensive. The connotation of “zero” or “worthless” in France and Belgium. In some Mediterranean countries, such as Turkey, Tunisia, and Greece, the Middle East, and parts of Brazil and Germany, it can be an insult “you are an ■■■■■■■” or slang for the anus itself, or a reference to homosexuality.

In the Arab world, the sign represents the evil eye, and used as a curse.

It’s not a universal “positive” hand gesture.

Additionally

1 Like

It is primarily intended to mean “everything is ok”, at least in the English speaking world.
Monitoring its use is meaningless unless you interview the person to see what they meant. Did they count Obamas use as a white power sign?
Its origins, by the way, were not related to 4 channel. Its origins were with signaling “OK” and is many, many years prior to 2017. Its misuse may have originated with 4 channel and has been greatly expanded with those who want to interpret it incorrectly, as attributing that meaning to people who are dark skinned, half Mexican, and a descendant of a holocaust survival.
The OP author has no idea what that kid meant before he condemned its use.

It not a White Power symbol its a internet trolling 4chan symbol

2 Likes

thing change over time the original meaning of the gesture don’t really matter anymore.

Yes. They do matter. It still means “OK”., You are not authorized to change that.

So the swastika still mean peace?

I use it all the time to signify A-OK. Your OP is the first time I heard it means White Power???

Are you out of your ever living mind?

A simple google search shows Obama using the sign on multiple occasions, as have other prominent blacks. Are they White Supremacists?

You Trump Haters really need to get a life. :roll_eyes:

That’s what I’ve been saying. The kid was just trolling for the camera.

Not racist.

Donald Trump Made Trolling Great Again. It’s kind of an art form at this point.

The backward swastika, in parts of Asia, probably. But a few extremists on both sides of the internet are not the same as the German nation in WWII.
Sorry, you have not authorization to determine what other people mean.