Key Democrat Says He’ll Subpoena Trump Records From Accounting Firm

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-12/democrat-says-he-ll-subpoena-trump-records-from-accounting-firm

Now we’re starting to get real oversight to see why our top politician has put our traditional enemies way above our traditional allies.

It’s gotta be for the $$$$.

1 Like

About ■■■■■■■ time.

1 Like

Bloomberg is definitely not a reliable source. Maybe try using a moderate or Conservative source? That would shock most people on here.

How rich is Bloomberg again? I’m sure he’s never done anything corrupt.
Boy! The Democrats keep going for a stretch! Trying to get anything on Trump,
because they’re desperate! lol

1 Like

Can you say impeachment.

Proceedings will begin in earnest in 2020. Mark my words. DEM strategy will be to blanket the MSM with impeachment; impeachment; impeachment.

They honestly believe that will be a winning strategy.

I for one really; really; really hope they do exactly that! :+1:

I would guess this has crossed the SDNY’s collective mind. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be a stupid strategy. They’d spend their time better running plenty of campaign ads in 2020 in preparation for voters serving Trump his eviction papers.

It worked in 2018.

As far as the records go, I say go for it. SDNY could probably use those records once Trump heads back to Trump Towers in 2021.

1 Like

What that poster is wishing for isn’t going to happen.

2018 proved that Democrats could use actual policy like healthcare as a solid campaign platform. Let the idiotic Republicans try to use Nancy Pelosi and caravans of spooky brown people as a scapegoat. Smart Americans helped the Blue Wave happen.

Dems need to put forth solid policy platforms. Trump will run on scary brown people and the fear of “coups”.

1 Like

Are there any republicans that are glad the House is finally doing it’s job?

Yeah…it’s legal…amirite? :rofl:

from the op link

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-12/democrat-says-he-ll-subpoena-trump-records-from-accounting-firm

“The committee has full authority to investigate whether the president may have engaged in illegal conduct before and during his tenure in office,”

Umm no you don’t, your investigative powers must have a legitimate legislative purpose, nothing in the constitution gives you police powers.

From https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/349/155/

But the power to investigate, broad as it may be, is also subject to recognized limitations. It cannot be used to inquire into private affairs unrelated to a valid legislative purpose. [Footnote 22] Nor does it extend to an area in which Congress is forbidden to legislate. [Footnote 23] Similarly, the power to investigate must not be confused with any of the powers of law enforcement; those powers are assigned under our Constitution to the Executive and the Judiciary. [Footnote 24] Still further limitations on the power to investigate are found in the specific individual guarantees of the Bill of Rights, such as the Fifth Amendment’s privilege against self-incrimination which is in issue here. [Footnote 25]

The emoluments clause is not applicable to his time before entering public office.