One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

And Im sure you are right. Even Gingsburg said Kav was the best we could hope for. That was before the allegations of attempted rape of course.

Why should I? Are you confused by what I have posted over the last 14 years?

I figured.

I’m in the “I don’t care if BK or any other nominee gets confirmed ever again” tank. The politically charged nature of the SC is tremendously disturbing. To have everything of most significant import come down to the rulings of 9 men and women picked on ideological lines is terrifying. So crucial has the makeup of the SC along these lines come that we find ourselves where we are today with one side salivating over the possibility that this is true, and some acting as though it is with certainty, and the other side willing to dismiss it out of hand even is it is true.

What’s this I hear about Ford’s lawyer being the vice chair of the Project of Government Oversight that has been funded by George Soro’s Open Society Foundation? She’s also a major donor to Democrats? The accuser doesn’t have anyone to corroborate her story and waited over 30 years to make her accusation? Then we find out Kavanaugh’s mother was a judge who presided over the accuser’s parent’s foreclosure on their home? Then Feinstein waits until the last possible second to spring this on the confirmation hearings? My gosh…there sure is a lot of political/personal motivation to outright lie against an individual who had a stellar reputation until this lone accusation? Is this the type of politics libs want to now engage in? Seriously? Is this the Democratic Party now going forward? It’s like ANTIFA with a new politically polished mask? I’ve got a feeling that this isn’t going to go well for libs?

And here we go

Story changes again.

NOW the alleged victims attorney is claiming a 6th person (another young lady) was at the party that hasn’t been disclosed until now.

Katz told anchor Alisyn Camerota that in addition to the four boys, there was also another girl who attended the party.

“She says that there were four guys there, these are high school students, as was she. There were four guys there. Were there any girls there that day?” Camerota asked.

“Yes, there was another girl at this party, yes,” Katz replied.

Katz said her client has not tried to reach out to any of the other partygoers to see if they will corroborate her account.

So the alleged victim hasn’t tried to find this other young woman to help her cause. Wonder why that would be?

Hashtag: #kavanaw.

#kavanaw

The Guardian: ‘No accident’ Brett Kavanaugh’s female law clerks ‘looked like models’, Yale professor told students

I think you might find the story changes when you are listening to so many different people tell it.

Yep. This looks BAD for Dude Bro Kav.

From The Guardian article:

Amy Chua…was known for instructing female law students who were preparing for interviews with Kavanaugh on ways they could dress to exude a “model-like” femininity to help them win a post in Kavanaugh’s chambers, according to sources.

Why would she do this? Because as another Yale law student was advised by another Yale professor:

“He told me, ‘You should know that Judge Kavanaugh hires women with a certain look,’” one woman told the Guardian. “He did not say what the look was and I did not ask.”

I suppose that Dude Bro Kav thought that only “model-like” women could be good clerks.

Shouldn’t you, as a journalist, realize this article being used as some sort of evidence against Kavanaugh is garbage?

Why would I say that? Well, although the headline screams this woman claims she heard about the alleged incident, if you actually read the article, down in paragraph eight it says this:

She later posted on Facebook: “To all media, I will not be doing anymore interviews. No more circus for me. To clarify my post: I do not have first hand knowledge of the incident that Dr. Christine Blasey Ford mentions, and I stand by my support for Christine. That’s it. I don’t have more to say on the subject. Please don’t contact me further.”

So in other words, she totally recanted her story. This is garbage “journalism” coming from NBC that a first year student would know better than to do.

So the only thing that has “legs around here” is the shameless ability of “news” organizations to brazenly lie and spread around fake headlines that most people won’t bother to click on and read the actual story.

This is a great example as to why so many people find used car sales people much more credible than journalists.

2 Likes

Not true.

She says “I do not have first hand knowledge of the incident that Dr. Christine Blasey Ford mentions”.

To have first-hand knowledge she would have had to have witnessed the event.

What she mentioned is second-hand knowledge.

Second-hand knowledge is that which you learn about from other people rather than directly or from your own experience.

Seems pretty clear to me. But thanks for trying desperately to parse her statement in some way to save Dude Bro Brett the wanna-be rapist.

Meh. The problem is that this woman’s post undercut CBF’s account. Ford claims telling no-one and that it was in the summer. This woman claims it was during the school year and everybody knew. Not that helpful and certainly worthless in evidentiary terms.

That’s a better take than Joanne’s. :clap:

You mean her attorney is making it up?

Now she agreed to testify but not on Monday because the waves are too knarley.

Apparently, attempted rape allegations aren’t as important as surfing.

Well, now she is saying she will testify next week, but cannot on monday and will only testify if the terms are “fair” to her.

Yet another attempt at delay and I’m willing to bet that these terms are going to have some “poison pill” in it that will be unacceptable and try to make the republicans look like they are the ones who don’t want her to testify.

WTH - Are saying you were part of a gang rape of a teenager???

That is gnarly, thank you very much, and I like her priorities!