Just When you Thought SJW's

Couldn’t get any stupider.

https://level.medium.com/the-unintentional-racism-found-in-traffic-signals-b2899c34fefb

“It certainly bothered me — so much so that I began to dig deep into my fortysomething consciousness to try and remember if I was raised asking a little White guy to let me cross the street. Were these the words my progressive White mother used to teach her little Brown children the fundamentals of pedestrian safety? Turns out, I wasn’t raised this way — and neither, most likely, were you.”

Oh, they can get stupider.

In another example of extreme wokeness, Teen Vogue is now trying to push the bizarre idea there is “systemic racism in sleep ,” according to Sky News host James Morrow.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/teen-magazine-argues-there-is-systemic-racism-in-sleep/video/4f010ce344f8f68126b99f809e6a32ba

Did you actually read the article you linked?

In the end, it’s not that the Walking Man is so super-duper white . Rather, his true competitive edge is that he’s super-duper bright . “The use of bright colors… offers the greatest contrast against a dark background,” the FHWA spokesperson says. “They do not lend themselves to confusion with other colors [and] are thought to provide the greatest level of comprehension and safety.”

And there you have it: The government-approved origins of the “little White men” telling us to cross the street at corners across New York. Thanks to help from the FHWA, I am now convinced that technology and necessity, rather than some anti-Black conspiracy, propelled the shift from verbal crosswalk cues to a lunar-white Walking Person.

What does this have to do with SJWs? There is no social justice being fought for in that article.

Here’s the actual article, FWIW. Black Power Naps Is Addressing Systemic Racism in Sleep | Teen Vogue

tl;rl… its art: https://blackpowernaps.black/

Quoting James Morrow? Oh dear. Not a very reputable source.

I’ve already read it.

Studies have shown that, for a host of reasons, Black people get less sleep, and less deep sleep, than white people. Sleep loss can cause higher levels of cortisol, as Acosta noted, and can lead to many health problems including early death. But there’s something deeper going on — Acosta explained that sleep deprivation was used as a means of control over enslaved people, meaning Black people haven’t been getting the sleep they need for generations.

“We’re dealing with an inheritance of sleep deprivation. Sleep deprivation was a…deliberate tactic of slave owners to basically make the mind feeble,” he said. “That same tactic has only evolved.”

I’m so wounded. :roll_eyes:

“We’re dealing with an inheritance of sleep deprivation. Sleep deprivation was a…deliberate tactic of slave owners to basically make the mind feeble,” he said. “That same tactic has only evolved.”

I could add The Daily Tele is not exactly the epitome of a quality source either.

1 Like

So nothing about the article itself?

Why am I not surprised. :joy: :joy:

are these people actually this psychotic?

If the author had paid attention in science class, he would know that white light is all colors.

Reminds me of that scene in Gattaca so many years ago.

“They’ve got you looking so hard for any flaw that after a while that’s all you see”

When I was a kid, those said “WALK” and “DONT WALK”

They were changed to pictures to be more inclusive.

You guys need to start learning to read beyond headlines and opening paragraphs.

Really you do.

That is all.

1 Like

No they were changed to pictures because we have a globalized culture where not everyone speaks English.

So? You don’t have to change things because there is a global culture. We changed it because we recognized that not everyone spoke English and wanted to be more inclusive for those people.

They could’ve said: “learn English” but they didn’t. You missed the point of the post though. This man is looking for problems, so of course he’s going to find them.

Social Justice Warriors - GRRRRR! ARGGGGGGH!

We could have said “learn English” but my guess is people who produce these lights produce them the world over so it’s easier to go global rather than produce language-specific versions for every country.

Yeah the guy was looking for an issue when he heard “little white man” but it wasn’t a call for a crusade against traffic signals…or a call for anyone to do anything in general.

This was another posting by people looking hard for something about which to be outraged, and imagine there’s “forces at work” to force them to validate these things that outrage them.