Just a little bit of context

Whilst I believe in equality, I am obligated to respect your right to have your own opinion. You have that right no matter how myopic or obtuse your reasoning. Myopic is appropriate as each event occurs in a context. For instance, the Gettysburg address. Near the middle of the text it states, “We cannot consecrate”. This sounds ominous but we do not know what it means without the understanding of the rest of the speech.

Another example would be the beginning of the preamble to the Constitution. “We the people” means nothing without context. Yet the end of the preamble contains this, “and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

I could add an example from the Declaration of Independence, it would start with “We hold” but in this case when we reached created equal most would not comprehend the statement even in the full context of the text. To understand this sentiment, you must understand the context of the culture during that era. Who amongst us today understand a caste social structure where your place in society is determined at birth? That is antithetical to American values but still common in many parts of the world.

AS America has fought many wars since the adoption of the Constitution, we may presume that the preservation of that Constitution may play a small part of the root cause of conflict in at least one of them. Perhaps even there is agreement that the civil war was to preserve the union.

If we can find common ground on this, then there is hope that Liberty is a common theme in great American treatise. Yes, some of you will bring up the trail of tears and leave out the history of European powers arming the Indians to attack the Western Frontier. Context again plays a roll. We always tend to ignore the European influence in the conflict.

Back to liberty. A small number of pensive persons would deny the role America played in protecting democracy from tyranny during the great world wars. In this context please consider the American deaths during the Civil War, WW1, and WW2. Not to mention casualties in conflicts post 1947.

Now that I have presented some context please consider what is happening in America today. Masks are not a singular prescription to save lives. They are part of a much larger surveillance, conscription and control program to save lives. How many lives could have been saved in history if we would have simply relinquished our rights and accepted the loss of liberty.

We do not know the context of the conscription being forced upon us today as there is indeed censorship underway. But someday even people like you, will regret your sheepish point of view.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Thread Political II