JUDICIAL WATCH: Steele Dossier was ‘LAUNDERED’ Through Kerry, Obama State Department

Originally published at: JUDICIAL WATCH: Steele Dossier was ‘LAUNDERED’ Through Kerry, Obama State Department | Sean Hannity

Judicial Watch Founder Tom Fitton stated this week that the now-debunked ‘Steele Dossier’ was funneled through John Kerry’s State Department under the Obama administration; citing recently released documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act.

“Judicial Watch and the Daily Caller News Foundation today released 18 pages of documents revealing former Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and Special Coordinator for Libya Jonathan Winer coordinating with then-House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer’s (D-MD) national security advisor, Daniel Silverberg to work on Russia dossier materials provided by Christopher Steele,” Judicial Watch released.

The documents were obtained through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit after requests for communications about the dossier were ignored by State Department officials. They show direct conversations between Fusion GPS’ Glenn Simpson, Winer and Nuland about getting together for a meeting about a “Russia related issue.”

From Hoyer’s office, Daniel Silverberg praised Nuland’s work on the issue and called her a “warrior.”

“It was a delight to speak today, notwithstanding the context. You’ve been a warrior on these issues, and I look forward to speaking further to preserve and wherever possible strengthen the important work you have done. I’ll follow up regarding a possible working group meeting,” Silverberg wrote to Nuland on November 28, 2016.

“We have more documents out of the Obama State Department, showing Christopher Steele and Glenn Simpson had special access to the media guy in the Kerry State Department… It’s just incredible to see. The State Department was all hands-on-deck in terms of targeting President Trump,” Fitton told Sean Hannity earlier this week.

“There was more than one dossier going to the FBI and the Justice Department created by the State Department itself targeting Trump,” he added.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo slammed his predecessor on Fox News last week; saying “it’s true” that John Kerry has violated the Logan Act with his ongoing talks with top Iranian officials since leaving the State Department.

“It’s true. I was there in Munich … I saw not only Kerry … [others] met with the Iranian leadership,” Pompeo said during an appearance on “Fox and Friends.” “It’s unusual, but more importantly, it’s wrong,” said Pompeo.

“Every American should support America’s foreign policy. They had their moment, they had their day, it’s time to get off the stage. We all know the Logan Act, we all know the risk that is taken when people act as private citizens on behalf of the United States government,” he added.

Read the full report at Town Hall.