John Bolton willing to defy White House and still testify if court clears way -- Washington Post

I just read he isnt.

Where did you get the verbatim transcript of the telephone call?

The media loves this dramatic “breaking news” stuff.
Until the Dims, as is their want, change the rules the fact still remains NO ONE is compelled to testify before Congress by subpoena. Congress must petition the court to compel one to appear. They of course do not like that because it could turn into a legal debate before a judge and run the risk of having the request denied, take an extended period of time and take the wind out of partisan sails.
Bolton has only stated the obvious and good on him. He’s going to make Shifty earn his overcompensated phony baloney job. Every time Shifty gets media face time and says: “contempt of Congress” he reinforces his actions of partisan hackery.

You got him now!

Which party framed the rules they are operating under?

Dunno, my guess the R’s
LOL

Verbatim. :rofl:
Exhibit A

I think Bolton wants to testify. His attorney put out this statement

“was personally involved in many of the events, meetings, and conversations about which you have already received testimony, as well as many relevant meetings and conversations that have not yet been discussed in the testimonies thus far."

He is waiting on the courts to see if he is forced…

The Dems say his testimony isn’t needed. He can come forward on his own. I think he wants to. He doesn’t want this opportunity for relevancy to pass him by.
I don’t blame the Dems for being cautious. They shouldn’t call him unless they know what he will testify to.

I disagree…looks like there is another phone call we didnt know about.

Disagree with what?

The dems…I think he has alot more info and if it’s the same as the others then its still a powerful public display

I’m sure he could, at the very least, corroborate some of the testimony and I agree that he probably has more to add. I’m just not sure exactly what he would testify to. Kind of like when a lawyer asks a question to a witness at trial. Don’t ask unless you know the answer.

Nope.

There was no pressure campaign :roll_eyes: and if there was then the Ukrainians didn’t even know it as the Ukraine PM has said multiple times! Just how do you pressure someone who doesn’t know they are being pressured! :crazy_face:

Whoops! I think we know a little more about what Bolton wants to share…

President Donald Trump says he lifted his freeze on aid to Ukraine on Sept. 11, but the State Department had quietly authorized releasing $141 million of the money several days earlier, according to five people familiar with the matter.

The State Department decision, which hasn’t been reported previously, stemmed from a legal finding made earlier in the year, and conveyed in a classified memorandum to Secretary of State Michael Pompeo. State Department lawyers found the White House Office of Management and Budget, and thus the president, had no legal standing to block spending of the Ukraine aid.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-09/state-department-freed-ukraine-money-before-trump-says-he-did

If Bolton was the one that got the funds released, I would definitely like to hear about it.

What do you expect him to say? He needs our help and he certainly isn’t going to bite the hand that feeds him. Trump and the Republicans on the hill keep using this as a talking point. Whoopie.