Joe the pigeon safe

A pigeon named after Joe Biden is safe after a few days on death row in Australia.

“The bird was to be killed for breaching Australia’s quarantine rules.

But he was granted a reprieve amid doubts about the origin of his leg tag.

“Following an investigation, the department has concluded that Joe the Pigeon is highly likely to be Australian and does not present a biosecurity risk,” Australia’s Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment announced on Friday.

“The department is satisfied that the bird’s leg band is a fraudulent copy of a legitimate leg band,” the statement said, adding that no further action would be taken against the bird“

Good news for joe and all pigeon lovers both near and far.

I figure everyone needs a laugh now and then.

Allan

1 Like

Who put a fake tag on a pigeon?

3 Likes

Airborne rats … waste 'em.

One racing pigeon went for a lot and mean a lot of money.

Perhaps you’d like to rethink your position and begin to raise those little suckers

Allan

You are thinking of seagulls. Pigeons are adorable.

Nope. All they do is spread disease and poop on everything. Racing pigeons just do it faster. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seagulls are not the scourge of cities, pigeons are.

Seagulls are the bane of beach goers, although i appreciate them as a good indicator of where the stripers and bluefish are feeding.

Knew a guy in high school whose nickname was “seagull.” That was because all he ever seemed to do was eat, ■■■■ and squawk. Although he was a pretty good bowler too, but nobody really cared about that. :wink:

I worked with an old carpenter who used to say, " ’ had a seagull’s breakfast: a drink of water and a look around."

And here’s a riddle -

Why do seagull’s have wings?

So they don’t break their legs when they land.