Jesus and Psychadelics

Artists back in the day sure did go to lengths to include 'shrooms in their depictions of the Christ.

Fun fact, some of the most common plants found throughout Egypt and Israel (like the Acacia Bush) contain potent amounts of N,N-DMT. Burn one of these bushes in a cave and you’ll likely meet God.

13th century France

1 Like

Brains and chemicals are proven to create claimed experiences of God, “ultimate realities”, senses of oneness, etc. OP mentioned DMT I think. There’s a good book called DMT The Spirit Molecule where a trial study was done on people, injected with DMT and their experiences are profound to read. So it wouldn’t surprise me if the “religious experience” can be injected via drugs, and if ancient cultures and civilizations used drugs as catalysts for getting to those states (in some cultures they still make Ayahuasca)

And I have experienced similar states on psychedelics (not endorsing drug use by any means so stay away lol). The most profound spiritual experiences of ultimate realities I’ve had were on psychedelics and believe me when I say PROFOUND

This is the book if anyone’s interested with of course some awesome Alex grey art for the cover

The documentary can also be seen for free on YouTube. Narrated by Joe Rogan (weird seeing him with hair lol)

1 Like

Psychedelics find their root uses in the most ancient of cultures and religions on all continents (including Christianity, Judaism, etc…).

1 Like

The world would be a better place if more people experienced psychedelics.

2 Likes

Especially those who seek to rule over our daily lives.

1 Like

“Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.”
― Timothy Leary

Cool Pics…

1 Like

When the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered a team of scholars was assembled to decipher them. Britain sent John Allegro, he was the first to publish translations. He also wrote “The Sacred Mushrooms and the Cross” which resulted in his expulsion from all things professional.

No one wanted to understand the nature of the fertility cults and the Entheogenic Origin of religion. He was defamed severely.

Haven’t watched it but hopefully it doesn’t inject too much new agey stuff. The book is a really good read for the study and doesn’t fall into to many new age traps

Prying open my third eye!

Thanks for sharing I will look into that

I did that…there was another eye looking at me.

The Docu didn’t seem new age to me. It was mostly a compiled recounting of the individual experiences with CGI visuals along with some philosophical questions, but over all very well made and fair at that.

The science definitely deserves more research, especially given the therapeutic effects of psilocybin (aka 4-PO-HO-DMT) being (re)discovered.

1 Like

Sweet. No NBA tonightbso maybe I’ll watch it