Jerusalem Post: 58% of hospitalized COVID cases were fully vaccinated

Regardless, let’s put the 3,907 hospitalizations and 750 deaths in proper perspective. Over 4,000 may sound like a large number when counting something like the number of marmots in your bed. Certainly any death is tragic. But consider the fact that over 150 million people in U.S. have already been fully vaccinated in U.S.Doing a quick calculation with your abacus and your fingers and toes will reveal that the 4,115 cases constitute less than 0.003% of all fully vaccinated people in the U.S. Compare that with the measured effectiveness of the Covid-19 vaccine, which has ranged from about 70 percent to 95 plus percent. That means that at least 5% of the time a vaccine may not be able to prevent Covid-19 after exposure to the virus. As I have emphasized before, nothing in life is perfect, with the possible exception of avocado toast.

The variant that is affecting Israel is much more contagious than what we had here a few weeks ago.

Six fully vaccinated Texas Democrats and an undisclosed number of fully vaccinated staff at the White House got COVID. The effectiveness of the vaccine is evaporating.

When were the infected in Israel inoculated? Was it more than six months?

the virus is not getting around the vaccines. antibodies are not long lived. once they wear off you can get covid again, the body however will know how to defeat it rendering it much less dangerous.

1 Like

They use the same vaccines as the US, they have been inoculated in the last six months or so. The vaccine is based on variants that were available over a year ago.

They use the same one bit earlier. That’s why i asked when. It was within the last six months but earlier than US as Israel was way ahead in administering their vaccine.

how many tx dems went to washington? the vaccine is 95% effective, if 100 went you might expect 5 infections.

It appears that they were giving it to each other and to the White House staff.

That shows transmission between fully vaccinated persons.

This is a supremely weird take on the news that Israel… an entire country who has a pretty good vaccination rate …. has only 143 people hospitalized in the entire country as an argument against the effectiveness of the vaccine.

Supremely weird.

3 Likes

95% of the new cases in Florida were not vaccinated.

Harvard epidemiologist Michael Mina warned of a possible “immune escape” back in January. Vaccines take a year or so to get into production, so they can’t keep up with the new variants.

Mina’s solution to immune escape would be to use cheap at-home testing as an alternative to vaccines.

time frame is irrelevant. antibodies may or may not last 6 months or more depending on the individual. for 5% of the population they won’t give immunity at all. i believe israel is at 85% vaccinated, so one might expect there to be slightly more vaccinated people infected over time. especially since its likely that a portion of the 15% not vaccinated already had covid.

95% of the cases we know about, how many vaccinated people do you figure go to get tested?

5% of whom the vaccine will not work for

I expect that number will increase as the new variants make it into the state.
At least 40% of UK hospitalizations are vaccinated.

The governments are in denial about immune escape. Lining people up at gunpoint to get the jab will not solve the problem.

If it’s may or may not i don’t think that makes time frame irrelevant. I don’t necessarily disagree but it certainly can affect numbers.

its irrelevant when discussing “breakthrough” cases, which may be part of the 5% it doesn’t work for or may be people who it did work for until their antibodies died off. how do we know which it is? we don’t. my point is we should expect an increase in cases as we move forward in time. what we should not do is panic… but we will. The politics of fear got dems the whitehouse, so, it will be used.

We can use raw numbers if they confirm our bias now? We don’t have to use rates?

That’s the J&J vaccine.

Okay… use the current case rate to argue against the effectiveness of the vaccine,.

And

Go!