It was warmer 1000 and 2000 years ago

Study done in 2012 showing it was warmer during the roman times and the Roman era and the Middle Ages. Roman grew grapes in Britain back then.

““We found that previous estimates of historical temperatures during the Roman era and the Middle Ages were too low,” says Esper.”

Mann knew this and left it out on purpose…To fool you!

The world is bigger than Northern Europe.

The north is where climate change has always been the worst.

1 Like

It’s okay.

I know that you were trying to use localized data to show a global effect.

It’s not the first time or will it be the last time that this is brought up.

All the data shows is a warm period in Northern Europe.

That’s it.

It was warmer yesterday.

It’s called “global warming” or it was until it was changed to “climate change” :roll_eyes: and we are told its a worldwide critical concern so what is your point exactly?

I guess you want to throw out all the ice core data from the arctic then?

Grew wine in Britain…

“In Roman times, Britain had a slightly warmer climate than now; and, with 500 to 600mm of rain a year, Northamptonshire is at the lower end of the British precipitation range, which would have meant fewer fungal problems. The area would therefore have been suitable for grape production.”

The Medieval warm period has been hashed out over and over.

There was a localized warming of the North Atlantic but there is little evidence that it translated to a larger global phenomenon.

2 Likes

His point was that the OPer cited localized warming in ONE PART of the world as diconfirming evidence of GLOBAL warming.

Do you understand now?

So, throw out the ice cores, got it thanks… The north is where climate change has the most effect. It’s where we have 90% of the records, also… We have about zero southern hemisphere data before the 1950.

This article say the MWP was global…

The Medieval Warm Period (MWP) was a time of warm climate from about 900 A.D. to 1300 A.D. when global temperatures were apparently somewhat warmer than at present.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/medieval-warm-period

If you’re not concerned with climate change and rising sea levels, think about this.

Refugees.

From FLORIDA.

1 Like

Thats because too many unintelligent on the issue people would hear global warming and then use localized data to try and argue against it just like the OP did. Someone looks outside and sees snow and then tries to say global warming is false.

Part of what global warming has done has shift weather patterns. So some places actually have gotten colder, i.e. a shifting weather pattern, but larger areas have gotten warmer.

Also a natural cause of increased warming is more volatile weather due how weather events are fueled by the differences in air temps as as you increase the upper range you increase the fuel.

Thus climate change is a better phrase since its inclusive of all the effects.

1 Like

Still waiting on the coming ice age scientists were predicting in the late 70’s… The scientists can’t even keep their story straight within the last 40 years and we’re supposed to believe they can tell hundreds of years ago or hundreds of years in the future what is going to happen??

Just another cause to keep liberals up at night and not thinking… Besides, we all know global warming is being caused by cow farts.

Florida Man in your backyard :weary:

Progress. At least now you’re admitting it’s real

I’m ten feet above sea level. Got a guest room?

I wonder what “Global Warming” Scientists are saying
about the reason for the current possible record setting “Cold”
Temperatures as of late?

Climate does not equal weather. When are you lot going to figure that out?