It seems that even governors don't have complete power over their state

Libs we’re telling us California locked down first last week. Which is it?

1 Like

Yes sorry I should have been more clear. That was the statewide lockdown.

Dewine started putting restrictions in place as early as March 3.

Texas schools are now closed for the remainder of the school year.

1 Like

Precisely…I remember.

I did what I needed to help my state…to soften the curve.

Time to start living again.

2 Likes

I didn’t need any restrictions or be told. It hit pretty ■■■■■■■ close to home on 28th “I think” of Feb.

I watched the protest in Lansing where folks were not wearing masks and keeping distance from each other. In my opinion it is all about them. They couldn’t give a damn about their follow citizens. Every once and awhile government has to step in to keep stupid people from doing stupid things. There is no guarantee that any of these folks will not get infected and spread it to quite innocent folks that they come into contact with. It was like the young man who was out on the beach in Florida at spring break saying to the camera that he was safe. And then only three days later admit he was wrong as he was getting sick.

1 Like

As they should be. This is about opening the rest and allowing adults to be responsible.

Kindergarteners are responsible? Let them vote.

1 Like

I hope a bunch of people dressed up in airsoft gear storm the beaches and show the Deep State who really has the power.

1 Like

If we open up too early and without a comprehensive testing plan this will have all been for nothing.

Today I learned that ONLY libs are authoritarian by locking down their state.

Zero Republican Governors locked down their states.

3 Likes

Trump said at a Monday press briefing that he has “total” authority over this – but Cuomo told CNN on Tuesday morning that if Trump ordered states to reopen before he is ready to do so, he would defy the order and fight the administration in court.

From FOX news couple days ago.

Now Cuomo has his hand out demanding Trump for funds.

I wonder if they’re going to arrest people that takes their boats out on the lakes of Adirondacks?

You’re kicking the can. It was about flattening the curve. We flattened it too much.

1 Like

So why do the people that study this stuff professionally strongly disagree with you? And you’re literally the only person I’ve seen saying “we’ve flattened it too much.”

If we come out early and it overwhelms the hospitals anyway, this will have been for absolutely nothing.

Which hospitals have been overrun? Please cite your work.

It’s politics now. The left has other interest.

That’s not what I said. I said if we end the shutdown too early and end up swamping the hospitals anyway, this will have all been for no reason.

Why don’t you show the epidemiologists saying we’ve flattened the curve too much? So far the only people I’ve seen say that with doctor before their name are Phil and Oz and one of them is a Ph.D and the other publicly apologized.

1 Like

It’s well documented.

3 Likes

I think what he’s saying is that people in these states are protesting against the shutdowns and demanding that things be reopened.

I say those folks should be allowed to go back to work, and when they get the coronavirus they can stay in their own homes regardless of how sick they get.

The link below is from Texas, though.

Update at 2:08 p.m. — Protesters outside Texas governor’s mansion call for businesses to reopen

Roughly 100 protesters gathered outside the Texas governor’s mansion this afternoon to protest the statewide shutdown of nonessential businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.

The protesters — some wearing required fabric face coverings, others not — held hand-drawn signs that said things such as, “Every job is essential,” “Constitutional rights are essential” and “Liberty is essential, panic is not.”

A Facebook event called “Take back Texas - Peaceful Protest to Reopen TEXAS” was among the pages promoting the rally, scheduled from noon to 5 p.m.

It has been more than two weeks since Gov. Greg Abbott announced statewide limits on nonessential activity. The governor refused to call the order a “stay-at-home” or “shelter-in-place” order as many other states have done. Abbott is expected to announce plans Friday for how to reopen the Texas economy.