It looks like both sides agree that the Constitution needs to be revised/amended to deal with the situations as they are today

A complex and nuanced explanation why one would be a liberal. But I found it too long. Maybe edit a bit?

One at a time is enough, as long as I have it with me.

Leaving physically weaker people at the mercy of the strong. Sorry women and old people.

The founders were deity’s and the constitution is biblical.

This is why we will be governed by a document, forever, written when muskets were the most powerful weapon… when sending a message took months… and slavery was the cool thing to do.

We did it to the natives, so I don’t see what the problem is.

That’s the example you wish to emulate?

you gotta problem with strength, lib?

No in both cases. They did however create the best form of government in history and the Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

“Powerful”? You rather be shot by a .223 or a .50 Hawken?

The founders are not responsible for the crazy people we created.

I have a problem with idiots who think it would be a good idea to make women, the elderly and the physically weak powerless to defend themselves.

ORLY?

or

it’s against the rules to call me an idiot. Please delete your post.

Do you think it would be a good idea to make women, the elderly and the physically weak powerless to defend themselves?

It’s a document, written in ink, on paper, drafted by white men who owned slaves. There is a lot of good ideas in that document but ideas are meant to be grown and changed with the environment. Thomas Edison has a good ideas but where would we be if people didn’t grow those ideas to something more modern?

The idealization of this document is very weird to me…

1 Like

Never underestimate your own talent.

They ceased being “ideas” and became law the moment it was ratified.

What an utterly vapid post.

Congrats!

They have similar muzzle energy. But at range, the .223 is going to maintain energy much more efficiently. Plus the nature of the trauma caused by the .223 is likely to be more damaging. So, it depends. I’d opt for neither.

In the scenario that we have a magic wand and all guns go poof, it’s definitely a good idea as the risk of being murdered would drop dramatically. Prime case of game theory showing the individual rational choice resulting in a non-optimal outcome.

Ridiculous. You completely ignored mass. .223 has no special trauma powers.

What does your game theory tell you about me with a knife and you unarmed?