It looks like both sides agree that the Constitution needs to be revised/amended to deal with the situations as they are today

I’m confused, there was nothing in my statement regarding the 2nd Amendment.

Yeah your probably right about that.

What’s your thread about.

Anyone claiming they can get into someone else’s mind is always a red flag.

2 Likes

At this point in history, I don’t think that it’s a good idea to revise the constitution. Adding amendments is an interesting idea and there are many I would support. But the way our society is structured today, I could see the political oligarchs going in a back room and coming out with a 1,200 page constitution. Giving everyone a “take-it-or-leave-it” approach.

Your response was to a comment I made about hunting that was in a different context to the thread. Let me ask would you consider it a radical thing for the Congress to make a revision or amendment (I don’t exactly how this works) to the wording of the second amendment to better suit our world today?

That’s not how constitutional amendments work…

There are two ways to amendment the constitution

So you were referring to a convention of the states?

A convention of states cannot ratify amendments, it can only propose them.

After re-reading article V, Maybe I’m incorrect in my thinking on this one.

Of course it’s a radical thing. That’s why it’s intentionally difficult to do.

The 2nd and 14th are suited to the world today just like they are. There is no reason to change either one of them. How many times has one of the Bill of Rights been changed by amendment? And the 14th might as well be one of them. There’s not going to be any convention.

But I would love to see how you would “better suit them”.

There is nobody in politics today who has what it takes to write a Constitutional amendment. Not get it passed, just write it.

Gotta get moar gunz protect myself from them rapist Mexicans

The link provides a list of USA immigration laws over the entire history of the country and its pretty extensive with a lot of changes before and after the 14th Amendment

The 14th is always brought up by the left regarding illegals but it really has nothing to do with it. The 14th Amendment was to insure that freed slaves had full citizenship rights in all states, it did not include other minorities like Native Americans and Asians and their citizenship status was achieved through legislation.

So if you want to repeal or tweak the 14th Amendment it would be completely racist and if you want repeal the 2nd Amendment it will result in armed conflict. JMO

1 Like

:Gunhuggers is an appropriate term for that crowd. They clutch those guns like a toddler clutches it’s security blanket.

I think the next Dem Pres should sign an executive order overturning the 2nd amendment. DONE! That was easy.

Trumpanzees should be very worried about all the precedents they’re gleefully accepting this Pres setting. Karma, baby!

I would like to to see the fourth amendment strengthened. That’s probably the only thing that could pass these days

Yet in the 120 years since United States v. Wong Kim Ark nobody has thought to challenge this in court until our Dear Leader and national genius, Donald J (the J is for genius) Trump… Something seems funny about this argument…

You can’t overturn an Amendment with an EO, but believe what you want. :roll_eyes:

BTW I flagged your post for inappropriate name-calling.

And libs suck on goverment like it’s a pacifier.