Isn’t impossible to disprove essentially any 30 or 40 year old allegation?

I never said DNA can determine between consensual and non consensual sex. What it does is definitely place a person at the scene. Other evidence is typically needed to “prove” that it was rape.

Well, it sounded to me like you said it’s all it took.

Not to mention that after 30 or 40 years your memories of those days is so dim and fractured, you would not even be able to recall events to clear your name.

You may not remember much from high school, but obviously you’d remember that you never raped anyone. So how do you prove this in a court? It’s impossible.

When a employer calls for references there is no proof person giving it is telling the truth. And if that person they call gave a bad opinion you most likely would not get the job. Have to think of this as a job interview not as a court case.

But if you cannot prove it didn’t happen, how can she be proven guilty of lying?

I’m not a lawyer, but I think the judge would simply dismiss the case for lack of evidence. The worst I think she might be liable for was slander, since she has no proof to back up her accusations.

Would you remember it if you were a heavy drinker? Maybe, maybe not.

My understanding is that a sexual predator is almost always a repeat offender. I single isolated case without anyone else coming forward would be suspect to me.

Precisely the point. The alcohol is the big factor here. He was a known imbiber and even his best friend noted he drank to the point of vomiting in HS.

…and because there is no evidence to either prove or disprove the charges, there will always be doubt. This is when the #metoo movement might cause an employer to take the politically correct route, and side with the accuser.

It’s a scary weapon, any woman could destroy any innocent man’s reputation. That’s why it’s bad for people to charge another person with decades old crimes like this, when they know there no way to prove or disprove the incident ever took place.

File a police report immediately after the incident occurred. Don’t wait 40 years later, when you have no evidence, and fuzzy memories, and savage the person’s public reputation. Or join in with another person who is doing the same thing.

One way to look at this, though, is that this girl perhaps thought this guy had nothing to do with her life and didn’t pose continued threat to her. Remember she is 15, so not being savvy is not a crime here.

As he grew more powerful, she posed a threat to him, because there are only 3 people who knew what he did. One is his buddy and the other is her. Again, this is IF it occurred.

You can now see how this rise in power could make her feel like he may want to eliminate any possibility of her ever coming forward, or use his power to hurt her or her family in order to assure her continued silence. If he did this, he would want her to stay quiet about it because he certainly WOULD remember this incident, if he hadn’t blacked out.

Its plausible, anyway.

It’s subjective. People will always remember the guy who used to always get piss drunk, and by comparison their memory of themselves is more kind. They convince themselves that they were not like him, so… “I wasn’t a heavy drinker.” :wink:

In Kavanaugh’s case, his memory was much more kind. His friends remember him as a party animal and binge drinker. He remembers himself as a good boy who would be at home saying his prayers and going to sleep early so he could get up ready for church.

What high school kid who went to drinking parties did not puke a few times. Inexperienced teens means they do not know how to handle their liquor. Even if they were not drunk, mixing beer, MD 20/20, cheap scotch… that’s enough to make a kid puke. I think I did that once.

Yeah but too bad that after 6 FBI investigations there were none, zip, nada accusations during his squeaky clean adult life and career. With the exception of Ford, whose only witness denies her claim :roll_eyes:, the other accusers coming out of the Democrat gutter is all “heresay” and manufactured crap!

Is that the same FBI that declared Clinton’s innocence?

How’d y’all feel about that one?

Just when you think liberals cannot get any lower, they do! :angry: You cannot compare a single juvenile accusation with no proof at all with the list of sexual predators with a definite adult pattern of abuse and proof, most of which are freaking liberals and Democrats!

Hmmmm…I see many right wingers on that list. It’s not comprehensive.

Who precisely made any such assertion?

Only if you can prove to a certainty she is lying which is usually extremely difficult to do particularly in a decades old case.

Seems like that would be a necessary thing to know if someone were to suggest that could be enough for a conviction.