ISIS RESURGENCE?

Should Biden be sworn in, many people in the intelligence community think there will be an upsurge in ISIS activity in the West. For the most part, they’ve laid low quite a bit during the past four years- quite a change from the Obama years.

Interestingly enough, it would seem as though the largest social media outlets (Twitter and Facebook) while still responding to complaints, have adjusted their algorithm to pretty much overlook recruitment posts for both ISIS as well as Al Queda and all offshoots.

I’m thinking that these groups now see the potential to become a problem online once again. While they never totally left, some of the things I’ve read would seem to indicate an interest in reviving the “glory days” of online recruitment and training.

Does anyone else think this is a possibility? Thoughts?

Maybe this has something to do with troop pull out by current admin.

1 Like

There will always be these groups. We don’t always have to fight them and the west isn’t mandated to bring them in their countries. There is a reason there is no Islamic terrorism in Japan and Poland no Islam. If you have Islam then quoting the Muslim mayor of London after and Islamic terrorist attack.

“part and parcel of living in a big city"

“Many people in the intelligence community”

Who?

Yes such groups will always exist however, if we don’t get a handle on it now and stop hiding from it, we could end up with another form of a 9-11.

Ok let’s try your assertion again with regard to what they are saying and who they are…

John Bolton, Bill Kristol, the staff of the National Review…

1 Like

Interesting take that Trumps Intel Community would create the illusion that ISIS would resurge if Biden were sworn in…I also like the OPs premise of “IF” he were to be sworn in. ISIS never went away, it still exists, no matter what Trump said about defeating it.

They will likely be back.