Is the US headed back to pre-Trump levels of Islamic terrorism?

I honestly believe that the military and intelligence services bracket a new president like Obama or Trump in top secret briefings to scare them into continuing the war or occupation.

Both Obama and Trump talked about ending it, but neither did.

And this is not a criticism of the presidents, but I do think it is an indictment of our military industrial complex.

Technically, Trump did end it. He just never got the chance to screw it up.

Any sentence that begins “technically” is going to be nonsense.

That’s a good question should troops stay short, long term, or forever like we are in Europe, Japan and Korea. I have never been a neocon and that question use to be easier for me to answer my opinion on. However if one goes back to 2014 and ISIS one can see the worlds answers aren’t black or white and there is a big grey area.

The neocons seemed to have got it right on ISIS when they said fight them over there so you don’t find them on the streets in western cities. Around 2015 major terrorist attacks were happening at least once a month in a western city whether it was Paris, Nice, London, Belgium, Orlando etc…. Once ISIS was more or less defeated in Syria and Iraq the ISIS attacks pretty much stopped.

So maybe it’s more complicated than some of us want to admit and every situation is different and can’t follow the same approach as the previous counties foreign policy. It’s obvious most wanted out of Afghanistan but I don’t think it was the hot issue the last 5 years as it used to be. I am pessimistically happy that we are leaving Afghanistan and that it won’t become a launching ground for global terror attacks against the west.

1 Like

Who negotiated the agreement with the Taliban regarding removal of US Armed Forces? Trump or Biden?

1 Like

Between the tens of thousands of unvetted immigrants Biden is flying in from Afghanistan and the resumption of apparently random drone strikes on civilians, we are headed towards renewed Islamic terrorism in the US.

https://twitter.com/MuslimShirzad/status/1432067670141243394

Many Afghans look white. Will the Biden administration lump them in with domestic “white supremacists” and have simultaneous drone strikes both domestically and overseas?

The CIA and FBI will be overjoyed.

1 Like

That is nice to know. Thanks for telling us. Kamaalaa Harris chuckles at everything too.

Depends on one’s definition of nonsense, I suppose.

I honestly believe someone is confused.

Since when was Biden the Prime Minister of South Korea?

1 Like

Trump lied often and Trump turned his back on long term US allies.

What would have happened in Afghanistan after the withdrawal of USA and its allies’ defence personnel if Trump had still been president?

We’ll never know, will we.

With the removal of the USA and its allies’ defence forces no matter who the president was the result would have been the same. The only way it would have been different would be if there was no withdrawal.

You can speculate all you like, but we’ll never know …

What is a viable alternative?

Not my area of expertise.

Not Biden’s either, apparently.

There was no way this was not going to be messy. There is a lot of armchair quarterbacking going on.
But so far I do see a pretty wide agreement that we should get out of there.

Its not much to speculate anyone the Afghan Army has been losing to the Taliban since 2014 did you magically think they were going to start winning after American air force left.

the only thing stopping the Taliban from moving into the provincial capitols was all those U.S military personal trying to teach people how to do jumping jacks.

Your like 100x more likely to be killed by a white nationalist terrorist then a brown one in America.