Is the US Democrat Party the only political group from any country that desires to use immigration and migrants to grow its countries welfare state?

Remember…there’s two sides on this political aisle and I haven’t heard any screaming from the other side exposing this. In fact, when Trump attempted to build the wall…opposition came from ALL sides. This runs much deeper than just one party.

America is likely the only modern industrialized nations that seems perfectly content with doing practically nothing about illegal immigration, with one of the political parties actively doing anything they can to facilitate and encourage it.

2 Likes

The Dems are the only ones in the whole world STUPID enough to want to use open borders and illegals to grow the welfare state.

As someone who works (on a volunteer basis) with people who have been granted Asylum i know from first-hand experience that they receive almost no government benefits from the start – as opposed to legally admitted refugees who have access to assistance for a limited period of time.

What taxpayer funded assistance provides substantial or life-long benefits to Asylum Seekers as you assert.

And just to be clear, every asylee and refugee I work with is in the United States legally.

It’s not stupid if they vote correctly.

1 Like

I didn’t assert anything as that quote was from the link I posted. Nonetheless, it stands to reason that it’s highly unlikely (if not virtually impossible) that people coming from abject poverty with little education and no marketable skills can honestly support themselves (without taxpayer support) in a country with a very high cost of living. Regarding number’s on what is being spent by communities on the current open border there’s numerous links in this thread:

1 Like

Agreed. I just wish there were more on both sides of the aisle in this fight.

I was here in 1986 when the nation was told that if “we” 'd just agree to legalizing these 12 million illegal aliens, that both sides of the aisle would unitedly stop it going forward. Just for the record…Reagan was POTUS. One weapon was to arm the IRS and they’d prosecute those that hired illegal aliens…

…k.

Here “we” are still dealing with the same problem that if anything…has exacerbated.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA or the Simpson–Mazzoli Act) was passed by the 99th United States Congress and signed into law by U.S. President Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986.

The Immigration Reform and Control Act altered U.S. immigration law by making it illegal to hire illegal immigrants knowingly and establishing financial and other penalties for companies that employed illegal immigrants. The act also legalized most undocumented immigrants who had arrived in the country prior to January 1, 1982.

Look at this free healthcare for everyone!

1 Like

Read the article. Providing insurance its saving Colorado money given that the alternative is people using emergency rooms when they have medical needs.

Doctors are bound by the Hippocratic oath to treat people with medical needs. Do you want the government to overrule that?

Would your preference be to leave people with communicable diseases in the the community where they can spend infections.

Of course, what you really want, and I agree with you, would be to not have undocumented immigrants in our country. But the solution of denying them low cost healthcare won’t stop those people from coming, will spread disease among all and will lend up costing more money.

Let’s focus on real solutions to immigration rather than grinned up outrage.

NO…I WANT THE GOVERNMENT TO DO THEIR ■■■■■■■ JOB AND STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AS IT’S WRITTEN IN THE CONSTITUTION. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THIS DOCUMENT?

3 Likes

The FIRST thing you need to do is FOCUS on the actual problem.

1 Like

Shouting much. A lot of anger there for a Monday morning. Did you have a bad weekend.

I am familiar with the Constitution, but if you wish to inform me of something I am not aware of in it, please be free.

On the question of illegal immigration, I believe the shortcoming of conservative solutions is that they focus on supply; when the fundamental issue is demand. We need enforcement that focuses on raising the cost of hiring undocumented immigrants rather than focusing solely on punishing the immigrants who will keep coming as long as they find it easy to earn a living in the United States.

The shortcoming is the lack of libs focusing on the wall…period. That is the answer…combined with it being constantly watched by drones and a parallel road that can be patrolled. Then send them back if they don’t come across legally. See how ezpz this is? Who’d a thunk it?

1 Like

It’s extremely bad for the country which i consider very short sighted and stupid.

Dems don’t care. They care about short term power.

If you are right and Democrats are bringing in millions of voters to change the electoral roles, isn’t that a long-term strategy?

Which is it: short-term or long-term or a less nuanced: “Democrats BAD”.

1 Like

The same thing is happening in Europe.

LGBT, immigration, and war are core principles for the ruling parties in practically every EU country. Hungary is a notable exception.

They use immigration as a weapon against the American people.

Hence the child trafficking, drug trafficking at the Southern border.

The new Biden admin policy on asylum seekers has led to a 70% drop in arrest of undocumented people crossing the southern border in recent months and is being challenged be “pro-immigration” groups in the courts. While the figures are for arrests, not for crossings, since the enforcement effort is constant it is reasonable to believe that crossings are down as well.

Will you credit Biden for achieving this dramatic reduction in illegal immigration?

No reduction. This is three card monte.

Give me a break.

So the Wall Street Journal is lying ?