Is the blood of the dead just the price we pay for freedom now?

No you dont. I can walk into a gun show and buy a gun without a background check

Federal law requires background checks for commercial gun sales, but not for private-party sales whereby any person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of the same state as long as they do not know or have reasonable cause to believe the purchaser is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law

You don’t need to go to a gun show, the gun show has nothing to do with it. You can make the same purchase in a parking lot.

Both Dayton and El Paso had bgc.

2 Likes

Correct. Its just called the Gun Show Loop Hole

By fools. Or the ignorant.

2 Likes

By that you mean Congress

Most definitely. And anybody else who calls it a loophole. It’s not.

1 Like

Not nearly as many as loosening of guns laws in that last ten years. Look at the fact that nothing got passed after the Sandy Hook massacre and tell me again about how the “shall not be abridged” crowd is open to compromise.

Yeah its a political term

Cite one compromise in the past twenty years.

Well no, we aren’t open to compromises that punish the innocent for the crimes of the guilty. But if you want to increase the penalties on the guilty, we’re all in, unlike Democrats who let convicted gun felons out of jail early.

1 Like

I hope that it does get through.

My state has it and is a simple fix.

Remind me again? Which mass shooting would “closing the gun show loophole” have prevented? I have a terrible memory.

You mean like they do in Chicago and Baltimore, and to think they have the toughest laws that only Hurt the law abiding citizens.

I have posted 100 years of compromises over and over on this forum.

The vast majority of which are still in place. Do compromises have an expiration date?

Bump stocks.

Now what have you given up?

3 Likes

Gun control is racist.

So you agree that there will be no compromises from the “shall not infringe” side that have the potential of reducing gun violence. Remember, your side has not allowed background checks to be expanded to include checking whether people are on the terrorism watch list!!!

Reason: some people who are not terrorists might be on the list and they might be inconvenienced while they clear their names. And so there is no check to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists.

Is everyone clear on what you are in favor of?

You misspelled beginning.

1 Like

Again, no we will not compromise in allowing you to remove people’s rights without due process. Are we clear on what you are in favor of now? If the government has evidence someone is a terrorist, arrest them and bring them to trial and then remove their rights when they have been found guilty.

They had background checks.