Is the blood of the dead just the price we pay for freedom now?

That’s because they believe the right to bear a firearm is a “natural right” ascribed in some unable to be named set of freedoms they are guaranteed no matter what based on the words of some brainy progressive philosopher educated elite snob. Or that God gave them the right. Or something.

And look-I say all of this as a firearm owner (I own a “spooky scary AR” and a couple of hand guns), and as someone who has NEVER called for a new gun regulation. All I’ve ever said is “let’s put every option on the table.” And let’s get special interest $$ out of politics once and for all.

Last American standing? Just how bad do you think this murder problem is?

How is it weird?

You used a phrase associated with nothing but gun uttered by the celebrity president of the national rifle association.

I am not a gun owner but I do not favor the confiscation of guns. I don’t even support banning assault rifles because the data show that such bans don’t reduce gun violence. But I do believe in common sense regulations while being more than a little frustrated that the “shall not be infringed” side have taken a position of never making an compromises. That’s why I quoted Scalia – an elite and educated man but certainly no one’s idea of a progressive. In Heller, were he rewrote the 2A (judicial activism much!) he still insisted on limits to 2A.

1 Like

Never making compromises? Any idea how many gun laws are on the books already?

1 Like

4,000 babies born in this country each day. We’re not running out of people.

We have compromised. Over and over again.

1 Like

And pardon me for having a tough time listening to people moan about guns in the hands of the wrong people who just got done cheering Obama letting a bunch of felons with gun convictions walk out of prison early.

3 Likes

Still need to do background checks!

We can thank disgusting Biden for the gun free zones that has caused so much suffering.

Soldiers accused of domestic abuse can not handle a gun in Colorado If I remember correctly.

Come on man.

Funny you should ask, because that’s exactly what a bunch of nutso militia hacks wonder about every day. LaVoy thought the government was out to get him, and even wrote a book about a cowboy who went out in a blaze of glory against an oppressive government.

I was pretty clearly was not being literal.

That American Exceptionalism means that we must accept the blood of the innocent for our own “freedom.”

That’s not what I said, although it’s true.

And I directly stated:

and have reemphasized that multiple times now. Don’t ever tell me what I meant.

Cold dead hands…
Charlton Heston - NRA

He must have been talking about a search warrant.

Teach the pony a new trick.

What we need to focus on first is people getting shot in movies.

1 Like

Birth of a Nation was a movie.