Is single party rule really a good idea?

I guess a hit dog does holler. :smirk:

Umm it was 72 million as of 2015?

No, it was 45M in 2015. 2065 is not 2015

from.the PEW article

You aren’t counting their offspring, I am. As the chart I posted did.

then they won’t be illegal, will they?

Where did you get 72M from?

The increase in population is still attributable to immigration.

But the total affect on the total population is relevant to the drain on resources, increased traffic, crowding of cities, availability of water, pollution…

Cool goalpost move

Your original assertion is that the change of population was “mostly” immigrants, not immigrants and their American children

Mostly due to immigration.

Like I said, cool (and expected) goalpost move.

Cool. “Foreign-born”. Is that synonymous with “not American”? How long does that last? A half a generation?

I really don’t see a problem with “foreign-born” - if the cultures are compatible.

I really don’t need for all of my neighbors to look like or even sound like me. I need us to have compatible values, mores. Compatible, not exactly the same.

Mores - the essential or characteristic customs and conventions of a community.

And geography of where they were born is not the critical determining factor in that compatibility.

To me, a yankee from Boston or NYC is more “foreign-born” than a vaquero born on the other side of the Rio Grande. Our cultures in the former case are incompatible.

In my book, if a man believes

that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

And that these rights are individual, not collective.

In other words in liberalism, he is welcome. No matter where he was born.

If he does not believe those things, I will not welcome him.

1 Like

Citizens can always vote. And since they are citizens they are entitled to all the benefits of being a citizens. Same with Melania’s parents. American citizenship is great.

Allan

Are you accounting for naturalization?

Cool sticking to irrelevances.

The fact that they are American citizens and not immigrants is not irrelevant

It’s not irrelevant. Children born in the US are not “immigrants”. If we accept that premise, 90% or more of the US population is “foreign-born”.

The kid born here is every much as a US citizen as you or I, no matter where their parents were born.

How many generations back you want to go Doug?

1 Like

Get more votes.

2 Likes