IS SHE SERIOUS? Omar Says the ‘First Thing She Did’ in Congress was Fight the ‘Rise of Anti-Semitism’

Originally published at: IS SHE SERIOUS? Omar Says the ‘First Thing She Did’ in Congress was Fight the ‘Rise of Anti-Semitism’ | Sean Hannity

Embattled Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar re-ignited the controversy surrounding her previous statements and posts on social media this week; bizarrely claiming “one of the first things” she did in Congress was fight the “rise of anti-Semitism.”

Omar was speaking with Rolling Stone when she was asked to comment on a series of anti-Semitic, anti-Israeli tirades she posted on Twitter; accusing the Jewish State of “hypnotizing” the rest of the world.

“One of the first things I did as a member-elect was to speak about the rise of anti-Semitism — and one of the first bills I cosponsored as a new member was legislation to elevate the position of a Special Envoy to combat anti-Semitism,” she told the magazine.

“I’m an organizer at heart. I’ve given an earful to others who traffic in bigotry, so I need to listen and learn. Listening and working with communities directly impacted is what will make me a better public servant,” she added.

Read the full interview here.