Is Roe V Wade going to be overturned?

Even the new justice-in-waiting can’t define it. I had no doubt about you’re not being up to the task.

Nah- it will definitely be used as a hot button issue nationally. Do you support a complete ban on abortion in your state? Jail time? And so on…

1 Like

Just like before Roe…those with means will be able to get an abortion.

Lower income level women in red states…will be effected the most…and their unwanted children.

2 Likes

they could have done that any time they wanted since rowe, all they ever had to do was pass a law stating that for purposes of abortion the definition of a person under the 14th amendment included all stages of human development from conception until death.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and tell you right now that none of this is going to be in the Top 10 of your worries when the election rolls around.

1 Like

they’ll try… but no. $5 gas

50 or bust.

1 Like

Heres the future. Pregnant women who want to terminate their pregnancies will find a way. Now can we be done with this issue?

"Others obtained abortion-inducing drugs by mail. According to a study published in JAMA Network Open, “demand for self-managed abortion through Aid Access increased substantially in Texas” after SB8 took effect. "An initial high increase then leveled off to a more moderate but sustained increase over pre–SB 8 levels.

For this finding, researchers looked at data from Aid Access, a group that prescribes abortion via telemedicine. “Overall, Aid Access received 1831 requests from Texas for self-managed abortion in September 2021,” the researchers report.

In the first week after the law took effect, requests from Texans spiked from an average of 10.8 per day to 137.7 requests. In the three weeks that followed, “requests decreased from their peak, but remained 245% higher than the pre–SB 8 baseline.”

From October through December 2021, Aid Access received an average of 29.5 requests from Texans per day.

The results of these two studies suggest that some women will continue unwanted pregnancies when abortion is banned, but many others will find ways around the prohibition. And in an era of abortion-inducing drugs and telemedicine, this is likely easier than ever before to do."

2 Likes

My opinion has nothing to do with the topic of the leak re: Roe v Wade…

My opinion is In regards to the Court process itself and about who might be celebrating this action which I ve heard several individuals I respect describe tonight as perhaps the most significant breach of trust in the history of the Supreme Court.

I can’t find the tweet and I’m not on Twitter, but apparently Bernie Sanders has already tweeted about the senate codifying Roe into law, and that if a 60 vote majority cannot be achieved then the filibuster needs to be eliminated…

That didn’t take long.

If this unprecedented leak from the Supreme Court is something that is applauded by the left as somehow “needed” and the leaker hailed as a hero…

Well if that happens I don’t ever want to hear another syllable about the “insurrection” that wasn’t from the left. Leaking draft opinions from the Supreme Court as a way to influence the court and impact our politics…there’s your insurrection. There’s your undermining our Democracy…

If all that comes on the heels of a bunch of democrat mouthpieces claiming the Biden disinformation board thing is a great idea…within a few months of this administration turning the justice department loose on concerned parents at school board meetings, while allowing 100’s of thousands of people to enter the country illegally…

Yeah that all adds up to something little more insurrection-y than a bunch of middle aged morons running around the capital one afternoon.

Admittedly I’m jumping to a lot of conclusions there…I hope I’m wrong…but I suspect we are about to hear all about the heroism of the leaker who subverted our judicial process and played politics with the court…if that all comes from the left…

Well I didn’t think I could be more disgusted with libs than I am but we’ll see.

3 Likes

Hey I agree…

Inflation beats abortion for elections. The abortion issue is kinda baked in- but its still gonna make some purple state soccer moms ticked off.

1 Like

9 states already restrict access to emergency contraceptives - “abortion pills.” Is there reason to believe this won’t change? The pills are only effective for up to 5 days following intercourse. Plan B doesn’t work if you weigh over 155 lbs.

What happens when the entire South bans abortion? Will women from Texas have the means to get to a location which will allow an abortion?

This will most certainly impact abortions.

1 Like

It’s not an opinion…it’s a draft that should never have been made public.

There is really one “whirlwind,”

Thou shalt not kill.

The world will never attain peace, killing babies, selling baby parts and drinking blood. This is the Law of cause and effect.

An evil world has evil people. Impure and faithless, greedy animalistic and dumb

2 Likes

How many do that?

No the abortion pills (two of them) work up to 23 weeks…

And states can try and ban them. People will find a work around. Its a medication easily sent via mail without being able to be traced.

Alternatively, anyone with a credit card will blow 1500 bucks to travel to Vegas for an abortion, seeing Cher and some gambling.

The bans will reduce abortion- but not as much as Red Staters would probably think.

1 Like

until they figure out it doesn’t effect them at all, then they won’t care (unless asked-and then go right back to not caring)

colorado ain’t far

1 Like

Mifepristone (Mifeprex) and misoprostol (Cytotec) require a prescription. Prescriptions are pretty easy to trace.

Yes…poor folks always have the means to travel 1000+ miles.

1 Like

I assure you that if they become illegal to receive by prescription, women will receive them illicitly. I have no doubts.

1 Like