Is Kabul 2021 becoming Saigon 1975?

Yep right about the time that the Taliban realized that Biden was serious about not honoring the signed Agreement they had with Trump.

1 Like

" Over the next year and a half , the meetings advanced to the district level and then rapidly on to provincial capitals, culminating in a breathtaking series of negotiated surrenders by government forces, according to interviews with more than a dozen Afghan officers, police, special operations troops and other soldiers."

■■■■ was going downhill way before Biden.

All we did was delay the return to Islamist “normalcy” for 20 years.

Yes, an entire generation of Afghan people have tasted liberty of some sort, but they will be hammered down into compliance soon enough.

It has been this way among these people since the book of Genesis. It will not go away.

4 Likes

which part did he not honour?

No. Not really.

Of course. Why do you think Trump negotiated the agreement?

The departure date. Perhaps more, but I am not familiar with the entire agreement.

Because they bailed. In asymmetrical warfare, there usually isn’t a formal defeat and surrender

Umm, they were a fighting force, they have been doing the ground operations for years while we provided intel and air support.

Biden delayed the departure date.

Unilaterally. The other party in the Agreement was not even consulted.

they didn’t need to be consulted, the agreement said withdrawal within 2021.

No agreement can be changed unilaterally without consent of the second party without violating the agreement.

If I owe you money and we agree that I pay you before the end of 2021.
it doesn’t matter if I pay you in May or August.

Yes, if you changed the payment schedule without my approval.

Why do you think the May 1 date was spelled out so prominently if it didn’t really matter?

Friday.

No they aren’t.

Can you point to the part of the agreement that indicated the end of 2021 as the date of departure?

Of course …

Yaboi owns it.