Is Ivermectin an existential threat?

No, I would say unproven to date.

Hence the investigation.

So you agree, saying it could be a false accusation is not the same as saying it is a false accusation.

This is the point people often forget when studies with ivermectin are mentioned.

In very few cases was Ivermectin ever given alone. In almost all cases, it has been given as part of a cocktail that usually includes other medicines, such as the Regeneron cocktail, or steroids, or Zyrtec or Pepcid or melatonin…all meds which individually HAVE been shown to have effect against COVID and also a mechanism of effectiveness can be determined.

Additionally, ivermectin is almost always given early on where recovery from COVID is almost always high for most people.

These factors together make it very difficult to tease out whether ivermectin is actually working.

One of the doctors often quoted by those who believe in ivermectin, the “COVID Hunter” Dr. Varon in Houston, even admitted this. He said at that stage of someone’s illness, he gives them a mixture of ivermectin, steroids and vitamins and can’t say definitively which of those is causing the beneficial effect, but he has great success with the cocktail and like many doctors doesn’t want to mess with success.

(This same doctor is also dismayed at hesitancy to wear masks and vaccine hesitancy, by the way. Interesting that a lot of anti-vaxxers who glommed on to his treatments conveniently ignore when he tells people to get the vaccine and mask up).

1 Like

Okay… I looked through and it took me awhile to get into what I think might be kinda hinky in this.

The paper is written by the FLCCC. The data set referenced in South America isn’t from an epidemiologist but from an data analyst.

What does bother me about the FLCCC is that I think that there is a little zealotry going on in their advocacy of Ivermeectin. One only needs to look at their website to see it.

One of the fun things is to se where this study is referenced in other places.

This is a pretty good counter to the data presented by Chamie in the study linked.

They found that the data used in the set for Brazil did not match the official data and that in some cities where Ivermectin was widely used had the highest fatality rates in the country.

They also found that in Paraguay that there were lockdown measures in place during the period of time that that Ivermectin was in use.

They also found that in Peru, the use of Ivermectin was in conjunction with a wide array of other measures under the TATYA plan.

They conclude

The flubbeed Brazil dataset should be enough to cast a lot doubt.

2 Likes

Maybe the doctor is also a criminal.

Allan

Getting a medical degree does not preclude the possibly of criminal behavior.

Allan

Except that study from India that you keep bringing up. That one is fine.

1 Like

You just said we can’t trust studies!!!

No, what I said is, you can’t trust medical studies the pharma companies have a stake in. And adding up how many people who get covid or covid hospitalization/death in the areas where ivermectin was used with those where it wasn’t, isn’t really a medical study to being with. And to be totally accurate, I didn’t say it, the former heads of the Lancet and the NEJM did.

1 Like

Then what is it? and how do you know the pharmacetical comapny who made ivemectrin isn’t behind whatever it is?

Statistics. There is no profit motive in ivermectin, or very little, it’s generic.

You think people don’t make money of generic medicine?
they are just making it for the good vibes and rainbows.

Nowhere close to the same amount as a proprietary drug.

Yet its still profit driven.

Not really, higher profits to be made in getting a new proprietary drug to market. The incentive on ivermectin goes the other way.

Or… and now hear me out… it just doesn’t work that well against Covid.

Or driven by bias of the sponsoring organization, as @Jezcoe pointed out in finding the flaws in the South American study.

Profit motive isn’t the only bias.

The South American study had serious flaws.

@Jezcoe highlighted several of them.

You’ve responded to every post so far in this thread but that one (well if you did respond to it, I haven’t seen it).

Ivermectin might not have a profit motive (at least, not on sale of the drug itself)…but that still didn’t stop a fraudulent study being run and published on it.

And it didn’t stop this flawed South American study either.

The South American study isn’t flawed because you say so. Tons more evidence here.