Is it Medicare for all? Or Medicare for the peasants?

I discussed this a little today in a previous thread and decided it needed one of it’s own.

So if we end up doing this single payer thing and are forced to give up our insurance plans, shouldn’t congress and government workers be forced to give up theirs as well? Fair is fair, right? Are you in favor of a multi-tiered plan with government elites at the top tier? Is your Congressman entitled to better coverage than your plumber? If so, why? What is the moral justification for having multiple tiers?

If we all get the same plan, you can be damned sure it will be a good one. Because congress ain’t gonna be voting themselves a crap plan. If they want Medicare for all THEN IT MUST TRUELY BE FOR ALL!!! No word games, no multi tiers, no this for you and that for me crap. We all deserve to be treated equally. No tiers. No discrimination.

Who agrees?

1 Like

And why isn’t one single reporter smart enough to ask such a basic question? This is journalistic malpractice.

And it doesn’t only apply to congress either. The rich will also keep their benefits. Under Medicare for all, there is still zero chance that your wife will meet Jennifer Aniston in the waiting room at her OBGYN. And she will never see Melinda Gates in an Urgent Care on a Sunday getting treated for the flu. They get to keep their medical plan as is. Probably the same for unions. Multi- tier bull ■■■■

False premise. Who says you can’t have private insurance.

In the UK, they have universal healthcare insurance and private insurance (if you so choose)

Allan

1 Like

We have public schools in America, so obviously they are the ONLY schools you can go to.

2 Likes

AOC does. “I think she calls it Medicare for all?” Who says that we want congress tinkering with our coverage? Can we tinker with theirs? Will they accept for themselves the limitations they put on us?

And you think AOC speaks for the majority of congresspeople. Hardly.

Allan

Do you think they should end the bickering and just give us the same plan they have? Word for word?

Biden isn’t proposing eliminating private insurance. You can view his plan in detail here:
https://joebiden.com/healthcare/

1 Like

Do you think people are lining up to oppose her? Hardly.

She won’t even come close to that bill when it comes to writing it into law.

Allan

Do you think they should end the bickering and just give us the same plan they have? Word for word?

Why?

I have a better plan than congress has.

Allan

I don’t know exactly what their plan includes or what the cost is, but short answer: Yes. I think some basic level of health care for our citizens will help us in the long run.

Really? Do you have a tax payer funded doctor at work that you see for free? Can you stroll on to any military base and get treatment at no cost?

And, the coverage that most people have is nowhere near what congress gets. What improvements are you hoping for in your plan? Do you want them tinkering with it?

If they are forcing a plan in us, it sure as hell better be more than “basic coverage.” It had better be a plan that they are willing to accept themselves. Anything less, and we get screwed.

You want more than basic coverage? You should have to pay for it. I look at public school the same way. It is the basic education.

Its amazing the power Trumpists give AOC.

2 Likes

So what? Under any system, the rich will get better than the poor (that’s why money is so popular). That’s no reason to keep the poor (or the moderately incomed) stuck with a system that is the worst in the industrialized world. BTW, “worst in the industrialized world” refers to the system that the poor get, not to the healthcare that is available to the rich.

There is something truely sick about a system where ill health leads to bankruptcy.