Is it legal to lay off people based on race? Apparently, Minneapolis Teacher's Union says yes

From what I’ve been reading in various news articles over the past few months is that enrollment is down in many schools across the US, in particularly inner city schools. As a former educator I do know that educators in K-12 schools are predominantly white, especially with regards to those who have seniority. Regarding younger teachers that is changing as there are more and more non white teachers joining the profession. The reality is that with regards to seniority it will easily be over represented by white teachers.

I can see a discrimination suit against the union, by it’s members, for failing to provide equal representation. I’d also expect a mass exodus of members from the union when they realize membership (with dues) doesn’t give them equal representation. Probably one of the stupidest moves a union has ever made.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it would actually happen, but that’s the way it’s written. :man_shrugging:

By underrepresented they mean there are fewer minorities than their population would indicate, not that they don’t have proper representation from the union or whatever.

As soon as I read this thread title, I knew it was going to be racism against white people.

As soon as I knew it was going to be racism against white people, I knew which libs would be in here to deny and defend.

Jackass ■■■■ in, jackass ■■■■ out. :wink:

6 Likes

It always takes less time to Google whatever it is one wants to find out than it is to read someone’s article and then argue over what the link did or did not include.

:person_shrugging:

1 Like

Exactly. If you give a ■■■■ enough to want to argue a point, use your dang search engine and find it yourself.

1 Like

does it matter. there will be no layoffs anytime soon.

hence the rule is moot.

Allan

Where did you get that. They already stated they are facing layoffs due to drop in enrollment this year.

"The agreement could prove important very soon, given that the district is likely to cut jobs because of budget reductions due to lower enrollments, according to ABC News 4. "

“The more than four dozen teachers slated to lose their jobs this fall largely due to enrollment declines would not be impacted by the affirmative action measure, the paper said.”

1 Like

They are a teachers union. They will do as they please because they donate to lib garbage like Ilhan Omar who back them up along with the rest of the lib garbage.

1 Like

This has lawsuits written all over it. Wonder who will be the first?

so will leftists be laid off before conservatives?

Good luck making a case for that. :rofl:

Left-leaning teachers are over represented compared to conservative teachers, so firing lefties first would improve diversity.

3 Likes

and it wouldn’t be racist

2 Likes

If we can just Google ourselves, why are we on a discussion forum?

How do you have a discussion about a policy if you think people shouldn’t Google it to find out what the actual policy is before discussing it? I guess we should spend 2/3 of the thread bitching about how no one will provide a link to the policy instead of just Googling it.

To discuss.

Google is for searching.

I mean, it makes perfect sense. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Link? Get back to me when the discussion happens.

“The only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination” - that’s an actual Ibram X. Kendi, High Priest of Woke™, quote.

It shouldn’t surprise anybody that the vanguard of the Democratic Party, a teachers union, is following that mantra. Similar initiatives will sprout from all institutions that are controlled by Democrats, if they haven’t already, and Progressive Judges will toss all legal challenges out of their courts.

3 Likes