Is it legal to lay off people based on race? Apparently, Minneapolis Teacher's Union says yes

From the link:

An agreement between the Minneapolis Teachers Union and the school district states that White teachers will be laid off before teachers of color, regardless of their seniority.

I suppose if Democrats get more and more power I assume things like this will happen more and more?

Also from the link:

“Students need educators who look like them and who they can relate to,” the document says. “This language gives us the ability to identify and address issues that contribute to disproportionately high turnover of educators of color.”

This type of thought absolutely confirms how the mind of the modern Left thinks! The single most important thing about a person is indeed the color of their skin!

2 Likes

I have a question does this apply to white students as well? In other words, should white students only have white teachers?

That is straight racism. Plain and simple.

9 Likes

From the link:

According to the agreement, the purpose of the policies is to solve for “past discrimination” by the district, which the agreement said “disproportionately impacted the hiring of underrepresented teachers in the District, as compared to the relevant labor market and the community, and resulted in a lack of diversity of teachers.”

It does seem to be consistent the mindset of the modern Left.

2 Likes

Leftists will say it’s not racism because only whites can be racist. That said, I’d love to see some of these woke white teachers pay for their beliefs.

2 Likes

I guess that’s the only criteria of teacher/student relationship, whether or not they physically resemble their students.

So much for that Chinese teacher who can really make science interesting :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

If I worked there I would find another job in another town, city or state and tell them to ■■■■ off racist ■■■■■■■■ on my way out the door.

3 Likes

Can you show me these laid off white teachers?

In your link it says 50 teachers “of color” lost their jobs due to such factors as declining enrollments. Yet Minneapolis Public Schools teachers unions are seeking to identify reasons for a lack of “teachers of color”?

It appears per this link turnover of teachers of color is “disproportionately high”.

Before I get fired up, where is the actual text from the agrrement that states this.

The agreement appears to be something of a word salad.

There’s a p c way to say laying off, “excessing”

While it mentions “excessing” of teachers “who aren’t part of an underrepresented group”, it also mentions starting “with the next least senior teacher”, a sort of last one in, first one out.

Majority, minority and appearance in relation to students should never have been mentioned. This verbiage IS racist.

Right on! :fist:t5:

Red flag!

ew

Why is the link to the source always missing?

If the source link says anything close to that, then it is racist. Those white teachers should sue under the discrimination laws.

Little blue letters at the bottom of the post you just quoted.

They should shut up and renounce their privilege.

Why is Minnesota so screwed up lately?

1 Like

Hey that’s a great response, an image of a man who lied by omission in his film The Changeling.

Show me specifically where it states WHITE, because the word salad that link gave me spoke of “turnover that was disproportionately high among teachers OF COLOR”.

Here are demographics of public school teachers as a whole:

Spotlight A: Characteristics of Public School Teachers by Race/Ethnicity.

It appears that in more recent years there are not only less white, but black teachers, although there are more Asian, Hispanic and multiracial teachers.

Here’s Minneapolis:

What’s with all this “show me” stuff? Look it up yourself.

1 Like

https://mpls.k12.mn.us/uploads/mps_glance_2021-22.pdf

It appears there are more white teachers in proportion to the student body.

Should they be laid off for that reason? Should criteria for whether or not students relate to a teacher be limited to whether or not they look like that teacher?

HELL NO. I’d tell Minneapolis to kiss my ass & maybe even get the hell out of teaching

1 Like