Is Earth experience record heat? Absolutely not

So a data set gets altered. How do they know for sure how to alter a data set?

I would hope so but I bet thereā€™s more than a little art in those scientific equations.

Even the dark side of the moon faces us once a month.

Which is why itā€™s best to avoid sources like ā€œThe Western Journalā€ whose intent is to inject politics into the discussion.

Whoopsie!

I see no explination of how they can look at a tree ring and say ā€œthe average temperature that is xā€.

You arenā€™t going to get the level of precision that you are looking for.

What you did get to do is enjoy all of the benefits of using carbon extracted from the ground while socializing the costs onto people that havenā€™t been born yet.

Congrats.

So you admit that we canā€™t accuratly compare temps today to those from even 1,000 to 2,000 years ago, but we know for certain itā€™s the hottest ever, and something is drastically wrong?

Yet no data sets of comparables to offer proof?

The data sets are comparable enough to show trends over time.

If you want to know the temperature on Dec 15th 1066 BCā€¦ you arenā€™t going to get that.

What can be inferred is global averages over periods of time.

Again with what accurace then as compared to the accuracy now? With how many data points them to how many data points today?

Back in 2001, Death Valley had 154 consecutive days of 100Ā°F or above. In June of 2013, Death Valley recorded its hottest June temperature at 129Ā°F.

When you depend on articles that stupid for your ā€œthinking,ā€ well, thereā€™s your problem.

It starts at the beginning: ā€œActual weather records over the past 100 years show no correlation between rising carbon dioxide levels and local temperatures.ā€

This idiot is claiming that heat records are about local maximums.

What are you hoping to convince me of?

Ok. It seems you are having trouble with the definition of ā€œGlobalā€ in ā€œGlobal Warmingā€.

1 Like

See the problem with this statement is you donā€™t think YOUā€™RE the one playing politicsā€¦

ā€¦but, butā€¦carbon taxes.

That was not my intent. Can you post the wording that was insulting?

Fair point. I guess weā€™re all guilty of this to a degree. But I really have no influence. I cannot fire anybody for having a different opinion. With or without Altair, the issue has been ruined by politics.

This is a little more current.

From 1970 until 1998 there was a warming period that raised temperatures by about 0.7 F that helped spawn the global warming alarmist movement. However, since 1998, little warming has occurred while carbon dioxide emissions continue to increase. This is totally consistent with variations in the amount of heat the Earth receives from the Sun.

Youā€™ve accused people of manipulating data.

Wait for itā€¦

SCIENCE.

Yeah. Iā€™m not the only one. There are reasons to be suspicious. If Iā€™m not mistaken, some people on the inside have made this accusation after they left. Iā€™ll look into it.