Is belief in the supernatural an intelligent person’s game?

Is belief in the supernatural an intelligent person’s game?

Nothing that I know of, other than personal renderings or hearsay, has ever been produced or provide to show the existence of a supernatural realm or entities. The ancients did not seem to think the supernatural was a reality.

No entity, good or evil, have ever manifested itself in a provable way, even though some think god is Omni-present and that Satan was given the ability and power to deceive us all.

I think that those who believe in supernatural entities are being taken advantage of by fraudulent preachers who recognize our propensity of over imagination, which we all have, as shown in the Princess Alice experiments.

I can see some benefits in imaginary thinking to validate or refute ideas but that is about it.

Is belief or faith in the supernatural a worthy idea for us or is it a tool used by lying preachers intent on fleecing sheeple?

If there is no supernatural god, should we not seek a human leader or spiritual guide instead of idolizing imaginary supernatural gods that are demonstrably less moral than humans?

Regards

DL

1 Like

The definition of nature is that it can be defined and measured…

So the very definition of supernatural is something that cannot be measured…

As soon as it can be measured, it is no longer supernatural but natural…

2 Likes

Exactly. Notions of truth, volition, thought, logic, love, morality - many of the things that we humans hold most dear - have no way of being tested or measured empirically. Yet we all live as though these notions are actually something “real”.

Proverbs 9:10

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Who gets to define what’s good and what’s evil?

If that deity interacts with the natural world then we would find evidence. If it doesn’t, then it is no different than if there was no deity.

2 Likes

Unless truly supernatural, yes.

Regards
DL

I cannot agree with your list as some of those can be tested with logic and reason to see if they fit the definition or not.

Love, for instance, can be gaged to see if it has the ingredients for true love which would include works deeds and reciprocity.

Morality can also be measure by the efficacy of ones moral tenets.

Regards
DL

How funny, guess what I saw spelled out when seeing this thread on the board:

1 Like

I see that as garbage.
Why fear what does not exist?

Regards
DL

Scriptures and common sense say you do.

Gen3;22 Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Regards
DL

Realistic.

Regards
DL

Some day you will change your mind. When you stand before the Lord.

Please do tell how one would prove empirically that someone “loves” you or how much someone “loves” you, in the same sense you would prove that water freezes (under standard conditions of course), or how much matter and object contains, or how viscous a substance is? Of the things I’ve listed we have instruments that provide empirical quantitative data. What instrument is used to measure and/or test love or morality? That is my point.

Love is an emotion and our brains/minds are what we use to inform our hearts, so to speak, as to what degree we are loved. It is the works, deeds and reciprocity that is being gaged.

The same with morals, that are gaged by our minds/brains, to decide on their worth.

How do you know not to wantonly kill? Your mind tells you not to do so. Right?

Regards
DL

Some people have no common sense…and no, we do not all agree on what is good or evil.

That is irrelevant to what your bible says.

I do not blame you for disagreeing with it as it is rather garbage the way literalist Christians read it.

So who are you letting do your thinking for you on moral issues?

Not Yahweh who is a satanic god, I hope.

Regards
DL

1 Like

My Bible also says " go from the presence of a foolish man when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge."

Bye…

By instrument I mean some form of electronic calibrated instrument that gives results in quantitative unbiased form using accepted units of measurement. For example one can prove that the density of water is 1 g/ml, utilizing a balance and a graduated cylinder or buret. So again I will ask how do you prove that love is something real, how do you prove that someone loves you and how do you measure your so-called degree of love? Please provide the instrument used and the unit of measurements. If you are not sure about them google the SI units of measurement.

Are things good because God declares them so or does God love that which is good?