Is Anyone Noticing An Increase in Deaths Among Our Youth?

I noticed this stunning new fact about cause of death of our youth.

Firearms recently became the number one cause of death for children in the United States, surpassing motor vehicle deaths and those caused by other injuries.

We find that the United States is alone among peer nations in the number of child firearm deaths. In no other similarly large or wealthy country are firearm deaths in the top 4 causes of mortality let alone the number 1 cause of death among children.

Poor diet and lack of exercise compared to Europeans are the primary culprits imo.

1 Like

Take out gangbangers and suicides.

Just stating what that article states isnā€™t telling a complete picture.

1 Like

Something I see a lot more of is these lazy, fat ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  riding around stores in the scooters for truly disabled or elderly customers. It takes all of my restraint to not snatch them off by the hair.

Bill Burr said it best " you ate your way in, you can walk your way out".

3 Likes

Trust me man it makes me want to go up against peopleā€™s heads.

Iā€™m not Iā€™m not in the best shape. Iā€™m about 35 pounds too heavy for my BMI (I do carry it well but it sucks knowing). But I donā€™t get people who can literally ride around on rascals in wal mart who need to be walking more.

I intentionally park at the furtherest end of parking lots just so I can walk more. I walk the 1 mile to visit my grandparents down the road, which I do two times per week. Whenever I can I try to walk.

My issue is that Iā€™ve got to improve my diet. Damn southern food is delicious but the ā– ā– ā– ā–  makes it impossible to lose weight.

Plus Iā€™ve got to get on an exercise regimen. Something organized. I used to walk and jog all the time. Got to get back into that.

3 Likes

ā€¦you and meā€¦both. The real sucky part is, Iā€™m married to a cardiac nurse who had a full ride at a PAC10 University in gymnastics. She is the female version of an athletic ā€œSpockā€. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

My gf is an ER RN and a gym rat. She keeps pestering me to get back into the gym, knowing my insane work schedule. My diet sucks because Iā€™m constantly moving and eat whatever and whenever I can during the week.

The horrible part is she is on that organic kick so our monthly food expenses were already high but with inflation itā€™s turned astronomical.

I ainā€™t gonna sugarcoat it. In a large majority of cases itā€™s most likely drugs.

It ainā€™t Covid shots. Itā€™s most likely drugs.

My point in posting this thread is when theyā€™re young and the death is not determined to be self inflicted or a good reason as to ā€œwhyā€ but more puzzlingā€¦letā€™s all post it and see if thereā€™s potentially a problem thatā€™s not being spotlighted.

Hey, thatā€™s fine. But whenever I hear of something like this happening my money goes on a substance abuse of some kind.

Starbucks, energy drinks and high nicotine vaping.

2 Likes

I wonder if they were on medication. ADHD medication specifically. They are known to cause heart issues then add the vaccine and it might well be a recipe for worst case.

Firearm injury. Firearms themselves are not a cause of death.

Do other countries have gangs?

Is it possible, if guns were not so prevalent in America, suicide rates would be as hig has they are?

I think there is a huge electrolyte deficiency, especially potassium and magnesium.

Itā€™s all the minerals, which includes the salts.

People will load up on zinc while neglecting their copper intake and itā€™s just maddening how little people actually know about food, health, and the mechanics of nutrition.

1 Like

Or vitamin D without K2, which can lead to calcium buildup in the arteries. Thatā€™s the biggest one for me, and amazingly most people have never heard of Vitamin K2.

1 Like

And donā€™t even get me started on how saturated fats are required for humans to produce adequate amounts of their respective hormones. lol

1 Like

Vaping could be a factor. Who knows what crap is going into that.

2 Likes